Turn on thread page Beta

The truest thing I think I've ever heard... watch

Something a friend said:

That's why I hate relationships. People put on acts until they know you've invested enough in them not to dump them right away when they show who they really are.

No one really sees what goes on in relationships, except people who aren't in them.

Do you agree too?

ReputationRep:
    No. I've never been anything but completely honest in relationships, if they don't like me why the **** would I want to be with them?

ReputationRep:
    It's true, in some cases. Love makes you blind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starless Eyes)
    Love makes you blind.
    That’s masturbating your thinking of .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    No. I've never been anything but completely honest in relationships, if they don't like me why the **** would I want to be with them?
    Ditto

ReputationRep:
    i must that is soooooo true!
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    ummm, I don't think I'm ever not myself.. I just can be careful with which parts of my personality I introduce first... its like making a good first impression...

I wouldn't be with someone I couldn't be myself around.. then again I think its good to be slightly not myself and gain some feminine charms! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hippopothomas)
    Well.. the other type of love aswell. I knew someone would pick that up

ReputationRep:
    Gah, I've been in a relationship like that. It was all a highly unpleasent experience and has made me very hesitant about pursuing future relationships, but happens.

I don;t agree that all relationships are like that, but to differing extents, a lot of them are. They're the short ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Something a friend said:

That's why I hate relationships. People put on acts until they know you've invested enough in them not to dump them right away when they show who they really are.

No one really sees what goes on in relationships, except people who aren't in them.

Do you agree too?

No, if people don't like what they see of me then I don't bother with them. I don't see the point in being fake, we all change our views in life I mean I am the same person four years ago as I was when I first started my relationship but I am not the same person in some respects.

It's not an act, things just become more relaxed there's no "oh god have to look my best all the time" or "oh **** better not say anything out of line as to not offend them".

I don't understand your last bit, how can outsiders know more about my relationship than I do, when I'm the one living with it? They see the surface yes but they don't see everything to do with us, like all the things we say and do that makes us want to be with each other other day or how and why we want to build a future together.

ReputationRep:
    I think that's too cynical. I don't think it's an act to deliberately trap you in relationship; things are just easier at first because you're both putting in a lot of effort and there's no issues to deal with.

ReputationRep:
    I agree.

Most people pretend to be what they think you want them to be but they can't keep that act up forever and they start to show themselves after a few months. People should just be themselves from the outset.

ReputationRep:
    That's true until you get a relationship that just works, and then suddenly you both stop acting and fall in love with the real person.

ReputationRep:
    no i dont agree, ive always been myself in relationships from day 1, i dont see the point in pretending you are something you arnt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Something a friend said:

Do you agree too?
    That's not a good enough reason to hate. Your general person isn't horrible/bad enough not to be a great partner once you get a chance to know them better. Anyway by the time the 'fad' wares off, you're very attached to them and it doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    I'm never 'not myself', but I waited a while to tell my boyfriend precisely how crazy I am

ReputationRep:
    In some cases it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hippopothomas)
    Bowling.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 28, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.