The truest thing I think I've ever heard... Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Something a friend said:

That's why I hate relationships. People put on acts until they know you've invested enough in them not to dump them right away when they show who they really are.

No one really sees what goes on in relationships, except people who aren't in them.

Do you agree too?
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
No. I've never been anything but completely honest in relationships, if they don't like me why the **** would I want to be with them?
Starless Eyes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's true, in some cases. Love makes you blind.
Hippopothomas
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Starless Eyes)
Love makes you blind.
That’s masturbating your thinking of .
Rick-Raith
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
No. I've never been anything but completely honest in relationships, if they don't like me why the **** would I want to be with them?
Ditto
dictator
Report 8 years ago
i must that is soooooo true!
rainbowbex
Badges: 14
Report 8 years ago
ummm, I don't think I'm ever not myself.. I just can be careful with which parts of my personality I introduce first... its like making a good first impression...

I wouldn't be with someone I couldn't be myself around.. then again I think its good to be slightly not myself and gain some feminine charms! :P
Starless Eyes
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Hippopothomas)
Well.. the other type of love aswell. I knew someone would pick that up
Toffee_Kid
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Gah, I've been in a relationship like that. It was all a highly unpleasent experience and has made me very hesitant about pursuing future relationships, but happens.

I don;t agree that all relationships are like that, but to differing extents, a lot of them are. They're the short ones.
Spinnerette
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Something a friend said:

That's why I hate relationships. People put on acts until they know you've invested enough in them not to dump them right away when they show who they really are.

No one really sees what goes on in relationships, except people who aren't in them.

Do you agree too?

No, if people don't like what they see of me then I don't bother with them. I don't see the point in being fake, we all change our views in life I mean I am the same person four years ago as I was when I first started my relationship but I am not the same person in some respects.

It's not an act, things just become more relaxed there's no "oh god have to look my best all the time" or "oh **** better not say anything out of line as to not offend them".

I don't understand your last bit, how can outsiders know more about my relationship than I do, when I'm the one living with it? They see the surface yes but they don't see everything to do with us, like all the things we say and do that makes us want to be with each other other day or how and why we want to build a future together.
LittleBittyPrettyOne
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I think that's too cynical. I don't think it's an act to deliberately trap you in relationship; things are just easier at first because you're both putting in a lot of effort and there's no issues to deal with.
somethingbeautiful
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I agree.

Most people pretend to be what they think you want them to be but they can't keep that act up forever and they start to show themselves after a few months. People should just be themselves from the outset.
Schmokie Dragon
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
That's true until you get a relationship that just works, and then suddenly you both stop acting and fall in love with the real person.
tinktinktinkerbell
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
no i dont agree, ive always been myself in relationships from day 1, i dont see the point in pretending you are something you arnt
Pheonixx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Something a friend said:

Do you agree too?
That's not a good enough reason to hate. Your general person isn't horrible/bad enough not to be a great partner once you get a chance to know them better. Anyway by the time the 'fad' wares off, you're very attached to them and it doesn't matter.
member312105
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm never 'not myself', but I waited a while to tell my boyfriend precisely how crazy I am
FZka
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
In some cases it is.
Joseph90
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Hippopothomas)
Bowling.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (101)
19.65%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (210)
40.86%
Nope, not that interesting (203)
39.49%

Watched Threads