Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys i've just been thinking about my general gym routine and ever since i started out training (last year). I've noticed when I first started out my face was alot rounder than it is right now...perhaps face fat..now that i've lost it all it's a lot sharper...and more squarish..brings out the facial features alot more...I started eating alot more recently to bulk up..and as a result face looks a lil 'podgier'.

Are there any tips out there to improve facial definition? to people with belly flap and love handles not fulfill the full definition on their faces as a result? skinnier people tend to have their features much more visible..perhaps due to very low body fat percentages..

the question is...if one has belly fat (or even love handles) does it effect the face? (even if there is just a little amount)?

Just curious about this?

ReputationRep:
    yeah i mean i dont know an awful lot about this but (depending on how your fat is distributed around your body) I imagine generally the fatter you are/ biger belly, the chubbier your face is. I agree because being a recovered anorexic, i found that in the old days, my cheek bones were very defined, my chin stuck out more etc...whereas now my face is much more full/ chubbier. I remember during my anorexic days, I read somewhere in a magazine about face excersises and can remember a few but cant really descirbe them in words so ill have a look on the internet for you...

ReputationRep:
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/66...ough-exercise/

ahhh step 3- 6 were the ones i used to do...but they all love very good...hope this helps..x

ReputationRep:
    Okay you're gonna start with a course of starting face strength, great routine, incorporates teeth lift, lip squat and jaw press. You also gotta get your cardio right so you can burn the fat, take a bowl of cereal and chew on it for an hour, dont stop, just chew. Some people do high intensity but you dont wanna kill those jaw gains from your excess jaw press lifts. You also gotta get your cardio right, so NO PROTEIN, NO CARBS only EXCESS FAT and

You heard me, EXCESSIVE FATNESS and CELL TECHNOLOGICALNESS you wanna make sure you get those gains dude!!!!

Because you cant spell CELL TECH without TECHNOLOGICALNESS and you cant spell TECHNOLOGICALNESS without LOGIC

EXPAND THOSE FACE FIBRAZ!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    OP, unless you're obese, losing weight won't make a massive difference to your facial fat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drew.)
    OP, unless you're obese, losing weight won't make a massive difference to your facial fat.
    wrong

the different in face fat of someone who is 20% bodyfat and someoen who is 8% is very significant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john87)
    wrong

the different in face fat of someone who is 20% bodyfat and someoen who is 8% is very significant
    Pics or it didn't happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drew.)
    this is ridiculous. you can't say this is true for everyone surely.

ReputationRep:
    eat loads, chew gum, lose fat and that's about it. It's only the muscles around your jaw that can get bigger I'd say and that will be through chewing. The rest is bone and fat...so reducing fat is the only way.

Massive doses of HGH should do the trick

Plus doing those exercises are a sure fire way to get wrinkly as hell in your 30's...I'm guessing you're kinda vain anyway so the sunbeds will be in there as well...the only thing you got going for you is that you more than likely moisturise.

ReputationRep:
    maybe you should perhaps, you know, cut down on eating fatty foods and do some cardio exercises (like running, treadmill etc.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    maybe you should perhaps, you know, cut down on eating fatty foods and do some cardio exercises (like running, treadmill etc.)
    He's on a bulk.

OP you should just wait patiently until you need to cut.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drew.)
    My friend gained a few pounds last year and her face went from being thin to looking like a full moon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adrenaline1989)
    skinnier people tend to have their features much more visible..perhaps due to very low body fat percentages..
    Bingo.

(Original post by Drew.)
    Fat gets deposited across pretty much the whole of your body, losing fat (no matter how big you are to start off with) will make a difference.

ReputationRep:
    It's simple, body fat has to be stored somewhere, some peoples bodies hold more fat in certain places, when i bulk alot of the fat is stored in my face/neck area, when i cut and get my body fat% low then i also loose fat from my face/neck area making my face appear more defined insted of when i got my round bulk face on, nomsayin?

ReputationRep:
    Resistance training alone can lead to more defined facial features... see:

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Thanks alot guys..yes to the person saying i must be vain..I do moisturise/take care of my body in terms of what it needs i.e nutrients..also try to get the most out of my body and not let anything have to sacrifice in order to gain...

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.