Turn on thread page Beta

How many facebook friends do you have? watch

ReputationRep:

OP: where is the poll?

ReputationRep:
    about 290...
    Why would you take facebook seriously? Its just a cool way to chat to your friends...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah! I have been in this situation myself before, It has nothing to do with your friends. Don't pay attention

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

Do people really care THAT MUCH about friend counts?

ReputationRep:
    Facebook is not even for 'friends' its just people you know... it's like a person you spoke to once back in yr 5 will add you , but you know you will never ever give another toss about him again.

All the friends on facebook aren't the people you talk to on a regular basis (saying that none of the people i consider true friends have facebook..) they just allow you to be stalked by people from your old school :P.

Saying that 300 ish, but hoping to remove quite a hefty chunk of that!

325, though a lot of those are people from school who added me (I rejected all the requests from people from school who I've never even heard of). Four are my cats, two are my gerbils, one is a mates dog and another is a mates turtle.
    I don't see the point of clearing up your friends list though, I'd rather just leave them added and if anyone is annoying delete them from my news feed.

ReputationRep:
    6, but I need a clear out.

ReputationRep:
    Around 260, it's nice to catch up with randomers every now and again However, I do know people who literally add every stranger they talk to - that is weird :/

ReputationRep:
    About 48 I think.

I tend to limit it to people I've actually spoken to more than once. So basically just a few people form university and some people from old schools. I rarely add people myself though, only If it suggests someone to me who I didn't hate.

ReputationRep:
    Wow shockingly I have 302.
    I never had this many on myspace..
    Well i guess its because I have found lots of church friends on there from other cities so I guess that explains it..
    Nevertheless I'm goin to have a clearout...
    Im goin back to myspace anyway :P

ReputationRep:
    4999 (I just can't manage to get to the 5000 limit)

ReputationRep:
    Zero.

I deleted my account, I hate Facebook. If a friendship is worth maintaining, it isn't done over the internet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rick-Raith)
    522, still only in high school :P (wait till i get to uni haha)
    looooser

ReputationRep:
    1006, I can't be bothered clearing it out

ReputationRep:
    221.... other people in my school have 1356... its ******* crazy... but really no one cares.. **** IT!

ReputationRep:
    I went through a stage where I was going to just delete everyone that I was "friends" with but had never spoken to, like people from uni/school 5 years ago who add you but you haven't seen them in years. But then I started to develop a sad interest in farmville/cafeworld/fishville, etc so I started adding fans as friends to get ahead lol Yes I'm sad! :o:

But really, about 10 with my friends, fiance and family that I talk to/care about/(actually know!)

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, don't bother. I hardly talk to anyone on mine, like 10 people only, and my list is quite small like 120 I think.
    Some people add anyone they ever met, it's kinda lame

ReputationRep:
    People who have ('like') 500+ friends - they can't know even a quarter of them anyway!? It's unlikely that they've even talked to some of them online, probably just added a lot of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anotheregostar)
    looooser
    I love it how on tsr, being a rebel and not having facebook, or using it sparingly and cleaning up friend(s) every now and then is considered cool :p:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.