Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many facebook friends do you have? watch

ReputationRep:
    1106 and i know most of themmmm, i know who they all are but i dont necessarily know them well, i never add anyone myself they add me :/
    i really cant be bothered to clear out cause it'd just take too long

100. I have a kind of one-in, one-out thing. I don't think it's possible to need more than 100 friends on Facebook so if I add someone new I go through and find someone I don't talk to any more and get rid of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Haha. My friend did that and she got loads of angry inbox messages from people wanting to know why they'd been removed as a friend :yep:
    I cleared out from ~500 to just under 250, but it's crept up to nearly 300 again from the people I've met on my gap year/through work/have just got facebook now.
    I got a good 20 messages asking why they'd been deleted, replied to all of them with very detailed reasons. Then I blocked them so they can't find me/fill my inbox with friend requests anymore

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    563 and i know all of them in real life except for 1!

735. But I went to lots of schools, and I like seeing how everyone turned out... I reckon Facebook must be dull if you don't have many friends, theres no news feed, no exciting groups to find, if you play a game and you cant enough neighbours... :P

ReputationRep:
    411, people from school, various workplaces, college, both unis I've been at, people from my cricket team

ReputationRep:
    I always think having a ridiculous number of facebook friends is a sign of insecurity. but then again i guess it depends how well-travelled and sociable you are. The right number is definitely the number of people you want to keep in contact with, every few months i just have a 'clear out' of people i hardly ever even speak to nevermind talk to on facebook.
    saying that i'm sure i don't speak to the 189 people on my fb :|

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    126... I delete "friends" regularly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladipidoo)
    Am I uncool?
    ditto exactly

ReputationRep:

Am I uncool? :puppyeyes:

Don't take facebook so seriously! :lolwut: If you only want those 8 on your profile then stick with that.

(i've been to 5 schools and have a LARGE extended family)

ReputationRep:
    4048... i would clean it up but that would take far too long

ReputationRep:
    150. But I know all of them.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    YAY!

Lets all compare E-Dicks!

ReputationRep:
    270 :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I deleted my Facebook after realising I've used it for meaningful communication a total of about 5 times in the last 3 years I've had it.

ReputationRep:
    1.106...i barely know any of em :P they add, i accept and never keep in touch

ReputationRep:
    facebook isn't good for contacting your close friends. thats what phones and stuff are for. facebook is amazing for keeping contacts with "acquaintances". which is a super awesome thing, because every now and then, you do need to contact them, and before facebook you couldn't!

also, if you don't realise how important a large social network of acquaintances (specifically acquaintances, as opposed to good friends) is, start learning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dreizhen)
    Hah I've got >9000
    i swear the limit was (or at least used to be) 7000???

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.