Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many facebook friends do you have? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SouthernFreerider)
    facebook isn't good for contacting your close friends. thats what phones and stuff are for. facebook is amazing for keeping contacts with "acquaintances". which is a super awesome thing, because every now and then, you do need to contact them, and before facebook you couldn't!

also, if you don't realise how important a large social network of acquaintances (specifically acquaintances, as opposed to good friends) is, start learning.
    What they said

Also it's awesome for keeping in contact with friends or family who live abroad or have gone off to uni etc.

I have 400 and something, seems pretty average to me. And yes, I know them all, have spoken to them all, would talk to them if I saw them etc, even if I don't see all of them a great deal any more! And I'm not the most sociable person haha, hard to believe some of you only have 80 acquaintances! (Or is this just the latest TSR fad?)

ReputationRep:

Whoever actually cares about this **** needs a life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.Katharine.x)
    What they said

Also it's awesome for keeping in contact with friends or family who live abroad or have gone off to uni etc.

I have 400 and something, seems pretty average to me. And yes, I know them all, have spoken to them all, would talk to them if I saw them etc, even if I don't see all of them a great deal any more! And I'm not the most sociable person haha, hard to believe some of you only have 80 acquaintances! (Or is this just the latest TSR fad?)
    I have no idea. I have 300 odd and thats pretty only 80 more than the lowest of anyone I know.

I think its cool on TSR to delete friends.

ReputationRep:
    329, and 36 requests, but some go back a few months.

ReputationRep:
    547.. I had 644 until I deleted all the random year 7s and year 8s tho :p:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Circa 150. I've only had to reject a few requests from people I know online who found me and at the time I didn't trust them enough to accept. I've since added most of them.
    I'd say that's about right given that I've not yet started university.

ReputationRep:
    140, just use it to keep in contact with people i met travelling really

ReputationRep:
    Remember quality, not quantity! I had only double figures.

ReputationRep:
    Errr

dear god.

ReputationRep:
    I've deleted all my friends and i dnt use it anymore, seriously people stop using facebook, everyone is wasting time on the internet and not actually communicating with eachother!!!!!! (studentroom is different) :P

ReputationRep:
    Just over 100. Hardly ever log on now, fell to friends' persuasion to get a facebook now I wish I hadn't.
    My bf's friends who I've never met/seen/spoken to in my life has started to add me, it just makes me wonder why people do this.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    99 I know the all of them, but if I cut it down to people I spoke to fairly regularly then it would be much lower - around 30ish.

ReputationRep:
    255 the last time i looked

ReputationRep:
    406, And I know them all

ReputationRep:
    I used to have about 550, but had a clear out and literally only kept the people I know well enough to phone up and have a meet up with, so now I've got 240.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    181, have rejected people though. I should probably ask myself why I am some people there who I don't even like though, but I am friendly with almost all.

ReputationRep:
    297, but only 1 person ever posts on my wall :P (my brother...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adilmorrison)
    It worked out easier rather than changing info, deleting people, etc!
    you made it for the same email ad?

ReputationRep:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.