Turn on thread page Beta

How many facebook friends do you have? watch

ReputationRep:
    253. i don't understand why so many people 'clean out' their friends list, and delete loads- sounds like a waste of time? i don't care who sees my profile, it's not private, so why would i delete friends. it doesn't affect me either way, the only thing it would do is perhaps upset/offend the other person a bit, so for that reason it would be pointless. if i have something private to say to a friend, i'll call them up! i don't see facebook as being for that purpose, it's just a massive message board/place for photos, don't be elitist.

ReputationRep:
    I've got 174 friends after a huge clearout a few months back before that I had about 350. I need to do another clear out soon. If someone doesn't talk to me at all then I'll tak them off after a while.

But the amount of friends you have doesn't matter some people take Facebook way too seriously.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I don't care. I don't really care about facebook anymore. I only keep my account because everyone else seems to communicate via it, and I don't want to be in a position where I'm cut out completely.

I do hate it that how many friends you have on FB has become the social barometer.

ReputationRep:
    About 340-50.

ReputationRep:
    358... I deleted about 40 or 50 a few months ago...

I like FB to keep in touch with friends scattered around the world... =D It's better than email for that!

ReputationRep:
    466 but about half of them are school 'friends' that i dont talk to.
    Only about a quarter of them are people i still see on a regular basis, but only about 20 of them are close friends.

Facebook is silly.

One girl added me because she 'met' me at a petrol station?!
    Riiiiight, that doesnt mean i want you looking at my "personal life" now does it love :p:

ReputationRep:
    1,026... Don't ask :/

ReputationRep:
    87. They're all people I'm close to.

ReputationRep:
    None, its nonsense .....

ReputationRep:
    I have 234. I've met the majority of them in real life at least once, with a huge chunk of them being old primary and secondary school friends and acquaintances. I really don't care about looking 'popular', though; I mostly just use Facebook to communicate with people, post YouTube links of fabulous music and nose into other people's lives

ReputationRep:
    Just under 300 and I delete people I rarely/never speak too.

ReputationRep:
    I've got like 190. Tbh, I think that's the problem with facebook. People always look at the number on your friendlist, and determine your "popularity", what they don't consider is that they are just random adds which is really annoying. Why do people randomly add you? Amongst other reasons, increasing their friend count is one of them, clearly it's a sign of insecurity and their idea of trying to be "accepted". Oh how human nature amazes me...

ReputationRep:
    752....and theres only about 20 i dont know..by dont know, i mean dont speak to them ever and just know their face

ReputationRep:
    196. And I hardly ever use it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I only have 8 and my friend called me "some sort of loser" today which was a little ironic seeing as she is the one who spends most of her life obsessing over her Facebook friend count and photos :confused: So, how many do you have and do you people really take it so seriously? :eek:
    Is your friend amongst one of those 8?! Don't take it personally, most people only have a handful of close friends

ReputationRep:
    I don't see how its physically possible to have only 8 friends on facebook; do you live in a cave or something? Mind you even someone who lived in a cave would have more than 8 friends

I deactivated facebook; but i had 500ish friends

ReputationRep:
    0, I have real friends.

ReputationRep:
    260ish or something, to be honest I only speak to about 40 on a regular/semi-regular basis so I should do a clear out; I haven't been bored enough yet to do so.

ReputationRep:
    335 but I don't take it so seriously, it's just nice to be able to keep in touch with people

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.