Turn on thread page Beta

Pancakes - I made some. watch

ReputationRep:
    nutella crepes are to die for :coma:

ReputationRep:
    No sugar. Loads of eggs. Sifted flour. Well beaten.

ReputationRep:
    Less butter and mix with a fork.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reems23)
    They were beautiful. However I would like to refine my technique. Reach into your fertile womb and teach me your secrets to the art of pancake making TSR!

My recipe:

One spoon milk, one spoon sugar, one spoon flour, one spoon butter, one egg.

Mix with a spoon and put on a lightly greased frying pan.

Lather with jam and wrap it around a banana like a virgins lips suckling a throbbing penis.

Eat with a glass of milk.
    I've never had pancakes :sad: But they sure sound good..

ReputationRep:
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    have crepes with sliced mars bar and sliced banana cooked into it
    !!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizfairy)
    have crepes with sliced mars bar and sliced banana cooked into it
    !!!!!!!!
    Heart Attack from Heaven :sogood:.

ReputationRep:
    Share please.:coma:

On Pancake Tuesday, my friend made some that were so good.
    While finished, but still on the pan, he put about half a mars bar in one, and then added some marshmallow to it. In the end, he rolled it up and it was chocolate marshmallowy goodness.:sogood:

ReputationRep:
    How are pancakes different to crepes? I have always wondered.
    Crêpes are just better. Pancakes are meant to be small and thick (or so thinks the rest of the world), crêpes are a lot bigger and thinner, and you can have them with salty stuff without it tasting weird (honestly, try adding a Frankfurt sausage and cheese in one, it's ace).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by facetious)
    I've never had pancakes :sad: But they sure sound good..

You. Never. Had. Pancakes. Go make some now!

I don't put any sugar in them, because I like to eat them with cheese sometimes. It's just lovely having one salty and the other (two) sweet :coma: Or I just have them all sweet, each with a tablespoon of nutella :yep: They're great if you put some fizzy water in them.

The only problem - when trying to turn the pancake/crepe by tossing it in the air, I always miss one or two, so my dog eats them. I have no idea what's the right way to do it, but my mum succeeds every time.

And I don't see a difference between pancakes and crepes - I've never had those small thick American-like ones. You can't even roll it, so what's the point? :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadowplay)
    You. Never. Had. Pancakes. Go make some now!
    I can't, I have no ingredients at the moment! But I may get one of my flatmates to help me make them next weekend.. from your apparent disgust, it's obvious I'm missing out! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I understand. Crepes are the things they engorge with nutella :sogood:.
    Nutella is divine. Literally, something so good could not have been created by man.

ReputationRep:
    Fail thread. Epic fail from the 'Lemon ruins the pancake' moment.

ReputationRep:
    Add ginger :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    To the genius who said that lemon ruins the pancake - it's us against the world!

ReputationRep:
    225g self-raising flour
    2 large eggs, beaten
    30g butter, melted and cooled
    more butter for frying
    300ml milk
    1tsp sugar
    a pinch of salt
    (It's the only thing I can make and I know the recipe off by heart, how sad is that?)

That's Nigella's recipe in one of my mum's books. 'Cept she uses plain flour and bicarbonate of soda, I think. Self-raising is just as good. I tend to half the recipe and cook them on the gridle when I make it for me and my brother. I put chocolate chips in for my brother too.

Still, I prefer crepes, but I don't know how to make them yet. C'mon Pancake Day! (Tues 16th Feb)

ReputationRep:
    I never make pancakes, I always burn them :sad:

Bought scotch pancakes though :coma: with maple syrup

ReputationRep:
    I can't make them Somone make me some pancakes please? Or i'll be stuck with the stupid ready made ones :o:

ReputationRep:
    Cointreau yes please... :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    God damn, if people keep talking about cakes and pancakes sooner or later I'm going to crack and go into the kitchen to make something, and then I'll wake up my sleep-deprived housemate, who'll murder me, and then tsr will have blood on its hands.

Does anyone know if leaving the pancake batter to rest for half an hour actually makes a difference?
    Well then pre-murder could you send me the baked goods - theyd only go to waste, being blood-splattered and all. Plus would you want your killer to get all the tastiness?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.