Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have always wondered why they hated them so much!!

ReputationRep:
    History.

ReputationRep:
    Because they are French.

ReputationRep:
    Its called banter ........ well that and a few wars

ReputationRep:
    Nearly 1000 years of failing to conquer their country like they conquered ours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheNack)
    Because they are French.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    Euro 2004

ReputationRep:
    Under arm hair and tha fact that they are French.

ReputationRep:
    its weird i think...
    I cant understand it much either, I personally find english more annoying then french when i hear them do it unless i know its just friendly banter

ReputationRep:
    Long term history of rivalry.

The french hate the english, too. Arguably more than we hate them. (They can't stand how the english language has become so predominant in the past 100 years when beforehand french and english were major languages and powers).

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't exactly call it hate...just because we **** them off it doesn't mean we hate them.

The general English people hate Muslims and that's about it really, a lot like the French tbh and the rest of Europe.

ReputationRep:
    An age old argument in history! The English and French were constantly fighting over land and decieving each other, pretending to be allies then going behind each others back. Also the English see the French as cowards who always surrender (which they do) :P

ReputationRep:
    "Their food, their underarm hair, and the fact that they are French."

ReputationRep:
    Well, everytime I've come across a French person, I've found them unnecessarily rude.

Except for one group of fitties last time I was on holiday. They weren't rude at all. And they were pleasing to look at :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Because they are the rudest population on the face of the earth.

ReputationRep:
    They are rude and arrogant.

ReputationRep:
    A Frenchman once told me on a flight from Glasgow that he thinks English people are weird so he visited Scotland instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpamBa)
    Nearly 1000 years of failing to conquer their country like they conquered ours.
    The French have never conquered England. The Normans were not French - they were a sovereign state.

Anyway, they're impossibly rude, self-aggrandizing, pushy and can't form an orderly queue.

ReputationRep:
    Unionised rioting *******s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
    The French have never conquered England. The Normans were not French - they were a sovereign state.

Anyway, they're impossibly rude, self-aggrandizing, pushy and can't form an orderly queue.
    Well the point is they came from France to take our country, and we never got more than the northern coast of theirs back.

I just got back from having stood in a very orderly queue in the supermarket I've never come across any queue jumping here. But they do take themselves far, far too seriously. And their inability to pronounce the letter H is annoying. i can do a guttural French 'R' but they never try to put the H in foreign words or names. Or say 'r' any differently. They also change historical people's names and countries to make them sound more 'French' when the English are quite happy to steal the original foreign word. *Le sigh*

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.