Turn on thread page Beta

What do the English have against French ppl?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpamBa)
    Nearly 1000 years of failing to conquer their country like they conquered ours.
    The Normans weren't French

Edit: I see it's been said :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bansheeee*)
    I have always wondered why they hated them so much!!
    Their language raped our language, also the Hundred Years War.

ReputationRep:
    Because they're arrogant, basically.

ReputationRep:
    they are sooooooooo rude i went to paris and i went into a shop and when the lady heard i was english she pratically threw my change at me ! i deffo wouldnt go back to france again rude rude rude people

ReputationRep:
    French people love me, I love french people.
    I have nothing against them and I've never a had single french person treat me rudely.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    They are extremely French.

We've got our revenge over language though since now they have to live with things like "le e-mail" etc.

ReputationRep:
    'Cause we're better than you.
    (This is a joke. Kind of.)

ReputationRep:
    they are ignorant and selfish! - I have experience lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keekee87)
    they are sooooooooo rude i went to paris and i went into a shop and when the lady heard i was english she pratically threw my change at me ! i deffo wouldnt go back to france again rude rude rude people
    Just don't go to Paris, you silly, it's nowhere near like the rest of France.

ReputationRep:
    they are disgusting vile creatures they have a **** pompous culture and their women aren't even that fit they all look like yeti's so they can **** that right off yea they do a good red wine sauce for my steak, but same time so does brown sauce the frog end ***** can go die as they dont even know how to win a war which is bent ******* garlic loving grease balls plus their eiffel tower aint even that big so they just need to get over themselves.

ReputationRep:
    Because they are rude! "Paris Syndrome" is a medically recognised type of depression which afflicts foreign visitors, caused by the sustained rudeness of French people to outsiders.

Millions of geese and ducks are force-fed in battery farms to make foie gras.

No sense of humour! Gérard Depardieu announced he was leaving France because: "Only the British understand me… They have a great sense of humour. It is the French who are cretins".

They can’t admit that their wine is not as popular as it once was. An infamous Paris Wine Tasting of 1976, when an English wine merchant organised a "blind" tasting before a jury of French experts. To their horror, they rated Californian wines as winners in both the red and white wine categories. The French press first denied any tasting had happened, then claimed the results were fixed.

Q: What’s the difference between a Frenchman and a bucket of crap?
    A: The bucket! :yep:

Famous quotes about the French: "I just love the French. They taste like chicken!" - Hannibal Lecter "

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." - General George S. Patton " :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think most do tbh. It's kind of like Oxford vs. Cambridge. Hardly anyone in either actually has any strong feelings about the other, but everyone outside thinks that there is some massive rivalry. Most people who make jokes about the French do so because it is expected and so jokes about the French are allowed rather than offensive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddyman4)
    I don't think most do tbh. It's kind of like Oxford vs. Cambridge. Hardly anyone in either actually has any strong feelings about the other, but everyone outside thinks that there is some massive rivalry. Most people who make jokes about the French do so because it is expected and so jokes about the French are allowed rather than offensive.
    To be honest, it's non-existant in France (apart when playing rugby or football). English people are always going on about that rivalry, but the truth is no-one cares in France. Apart from English people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Octopus)
    They are extremely French.

We've got our revenge over language though since now they have to live with things like "le e-mail" etc.
    erm - "courriel"?

The French don't hate us, but if you go to France with the preconception that you are going to have a hard time, then you will have exactly that. I've got many friends in France and love visiting there, you just have to make a little effort with the language and a lot with the culture, and you'll go far.

ReputationRep:
    ... Because people (as in English people) are stupid and fairly ignorant.

ReputationRep:
    French people are not rude, arrogant, ignorant etc. When I went to Paris I didn't really notice this. Well, but I'm not English :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    They are terrible terrible drivers. Living here you get used to regular brushes with death in a car or other moving vehicle. Red lights and zebra crossings are often treated as optional, as are seatbelts and right of way signs. The English really are fabulous drivers by comparison.

ReputationRep:
    The same thing that American people have against Canadians - they're nearby, and an easy target for banter :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpamBa)
    They are terrible terrible drivers. Living here you get used to regular brushes with death in a car or other moving vehicle. Red lights and zebra crossings are often treated as optional, as are seatbelts and right of way signs. The English really are fabulous drivers by comparison.
    No they're not :indiff:
    Crossing a road in England is far more dangerous than in France because no-one expects you to cross the road anytime, so they don't stop if you do, unlike France, or Canada, or Romania for that matters.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.