Turn on thread page Beta

What do the English have against French ppl?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I now feel somewhat alone in loving France and French culture.

ReputationRep:
    I do because my ex-gf was French. She broke my heart

Yet...I still love her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizfairy)
    Yeah, you are the only one :rolleyes: never mind the other people in the thread who said they like France, you are the only one...

what a ******* stupid thing to post. try reading the thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizfairy)
    :hugs: (you're not. TSR's just full of frustrated people )

ReputationRep:
    A lot of them signed up with the Nazis in WW2 and happily gunned down British troops. I only found this out recently but it did somewhat colour my perception of them, rationally or not.

ReputationRep:
    It is the english who are thuggish, rude, arrogant, expect other countries to be extremely accommodating, lack respect, get drunk, smell, and are generally fairly unpleasant. What do you expect?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheNack)
    Because they are French.
    ^^ This be the answer of the non-French Gods!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpamBa)
    Well the point is they came from France to take our country, and we never got more than the northern coast of theirs back.
    During the 100 years war we owned more of it than the King of France, for a while anyway. If Henry V hadn't died so young then then his heirs would have been king of England and France. Not that we wanted their garlic country anyway...

ReputationRep:
    As I am a frog in the UK I couldn’t resist taking a look at that thread and I am half surprised by the level of the comments... I am French and I’ve experienced some weird situations in Paris myself so it doesn’t matter where you are from: Paris is a big city where people are busy and don’t give a damn about you but I guess it is easy to fall into a cliché... Paris (and so is London) is not very representative of the population.

I truly don’t think that English “hate” French otherwise there wouldn’t be so many English buying properties in places like the Alps or Brittany... I think it is more like a tease but not real and deep hate and it is more about being narrow minded and that I believe is international.

ReputationRep:
    I don't hate the French.

Shows how many ******** we have on this forum.

ReputationRep:
    It is usually the uneducated in our society. I wouldn't worry about it, its unexplained xenophobia. They are harmless people really. You can easily distract them usually with small change, just throw it at their feet and they will be dazzled by the small glimmering discs of metal. They will probably try and eat them or fashion them into a small necklace. People claim to hate them because of history, but its ridiculuous really. Its not in our life times, so why should we care? x

ReputationRep:
    Because they surrendered.

ReputationRep:
    I don't hate them, but they petty damn rude! And they should learn to queue!
    In England when a car park is busy, everyone just drives around hoping they catch a space, but in France passengers get out of their cars and run around to find an empty space and then stand in it until their car gets there about 10 minutes later! We once tried to drive into an empty space at a waterpark because we were the nearest car and this French woman banged on our car and swore at us repeatedly.
    You can tell it is still raw :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bansheeee*)
    I have always wondered why they hated them so much!!
    I like the French! well the women anyway........ but then i'm scottish!

ReputationRep:
    Any French boys on here that I can just sit and stare at while you talk with that lovely accent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bansheeee*)
    I have always wondered why they hated them so much!!
    They're french

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure they love it really.

ReputationRep:
    they are so rude

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexygenocide)
    they are disgusting vile creatures they have a **** pompous culture and their women aren't even that fit they all look like yeti's so they can **** that right off yea they do a good red wine sauce for my steak, but same time so does brown sauce the frog end ***** can go die as they dont even know how to win a war which is bent ******* garlic loving grease balls plus their eiffel tower aint even that big so they just need to get over themselves.
    Right,

"Disgusting vile creatures" ?? Looked in a metaphysical mirror recently? How on earth can you generalise an entire country from some minor experiences and hyped-stereotypes?

If your opinions are based on women, food and the fact that (according to you) they like garlic (as do the Italians and many other countries who like fine-cuisine), you're in for a tricky time!

Your inability to punctuate your sentences offends me and your general immature approach to this question is not only ridiculous but ludicrous. If you presented these ideas in a way that could be understood and considered properly, I'd have no problem accepting your opinions, even if I completely disagree and think you're an unintelligent so-and-so...

France is an amazing country, as is Britain. The French have alot to offer and the majority of French people are highly accommodating and friendly. They make every effort with English culture, hence it being compulsory to learn English from a very early age. Their ignorance where language is concerned is far less than that of English people. This is supported by the fact that learning a modern foreign language has dropped by a considerable amount over the years here.

As for your shrewd comment about the women "aren't even that fit", what a stupid statement... you find pretty people and not so pretty people everywhere in the world. The fact that Paris is one of the fashion capitals of the world only verifies this point. Don't brandish an entire nation on a daft stereotype.

I don't think they are trying to compensate for something with the size of "their eiffel tower"... it was initially going to be knocked down soon after it was built but they found a use for it and it is now a tourist attraction. Perhaps you are the one trying to compensate for something if size is all that matters... how big is your Tour d'Eiffel?

1 word: Napoleon?

Go visit France, not just Paris, try Lyon, Marseilles, Toulouse, Brittany, Normandy, Nantes, The Alps... then come back on here and tell the world how awful it is!

ReputationRep:
    We don't, I love French people

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.