Turn on thread page Beta

it is a simple enough question but let me fill u in on the background. two of my best friends are in a relationship, the girl got hit on by a guy in a bar and he got defenseive of her. fair enough but when he had left and she was still there i saw he had his friend with him so i thought it would be best to go back and see if she was ok and get her home safely. She started crying her eyes out not long after i had got her to walk round the corner of the bar and i was trying to ring her boyfriend to get him to come back for her. A cop car pulled up and asked what the trouble was and i gave them the story in a nutshell and they offered to give us a lift back to are halls. i asked her if this was ok and she agreed to it. i got through to him while in the police car and he said to get out but she wanted to get to her door and they wanted to make sure she was ok and safe in her own home so she told him this, then she called him off my phone to get him back to her place and talk things through. i just want to know as the thread title indicates if i did the right thing tonight by staying with her and making sure she got back ok?

ReputationRep:
    Of course you did. Want a medal?

ReputationRep:
    ^^ agreed.

if her boyfriend had an issue then he's an idiot. you were doing the right/considerate thing.

ReputationRep:
    Its pretty obvious you did the right thing, protecting a damsel in distress and all that. Why are you making such retarded threads? There are no medals here for you.

ReputationRep:
    What? How is that even a question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    it is a simple enough question but let me fill u in on the background. two of my best friends are in a relationship, the girl got hit on by a guy in a bar and he got defenseive of her. fair enough but when he had left and she was still there i saw he had his friend with him so i thought it would be best to go back and see if she was ok and get her home safely. She started crying her eyes out not long after i had got her to walk round the corner of the bar and i was trying to ring her boyfriend to get him to come back for her. A cop car pulled up and asked what the trouble was and i gave them the story in a nutshell and they offered to give us a lift back to are halls. i asked her if this was ok and she agreed to it. i got through to him while in the police car and he said to get out but she wanted to get to her door and they wanted to make sure she was ok and safe in her own home so she told him this, then she called him off my phone to get him back to her place and talk things through. i just want to know as the thread title indicates if i did the right thing tonight by staying with her and making sure she got back ok?
    No you didn't. You should have left her there crying and scarpered off, quickly.

ReputationRep:
    what did u expect people to say ??? really come on the word attention seeking springs to mind
    but yes if thats wat u wanted to hear u did

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.