Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Labcoat (funky) Watch

• View Poll Results: Would you buy a funky labcoat?
    Yes - if its cheap too
    30.00%
    No - prob not professional enough/cant be bothered
    70.00%

ReputationRep:
    just a thought

Labcoats are usually plain white, green or blue ...usually with a few pockets on the side...sometimes with a collar ...other times with a belt....but usually pretty unfitted and always crucial for labwork!

We usually get no choice in how much we want to pay for a basic labcoat and end up paying up to 20 pounds more for a new one! (incase we lose it)

I wonder whether there would be a market for slightly more funkier ones, inexpensive but still professional looking !!

:troll:

ReputationRep:
    Self proclaimed troll is self procaimed?

I swear mine was only like £5 for a white one

ReputationRep:
    Well, I thought the troll was a bit funky so goes with the topic!
    Re: parpirate ...£5! - Guess it is from the student union shop?

ReputationRep:
    My friend jazzed up his white labcoat by sticking loads of band patches all over it...tres cool

ReputationRep:
    Having a plain labcoat is fairly important so you can see if you get anything on it.
    Having said that, tie-dyed would be epic

ReputationRep:
    I would never buy anything, let alone a lab coat, which was described to me as "funky".

That said, my lab coat does have fake blood splattered over it which looks pretty awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I<3LAMP)
    My friend jazzed up his white labcoat by sticking loads of band patches all over it...tres cool
    Yes! This is what I was thinking about when I said funky ....perhaps some gold buttons/sequins to make it look pretty ....guess this is more applicable to some girls

As per 'Phalanges's comment .....I have a feeling some medics may have a different idea of funky!

aKarma has raised a good point....it is important to see if anything gets on it so having it plain white would be ideal...but then Im sure even if it is slightly jazzed up...will still be visible if something gets on it ..infact it would takeaway the emphasis of the big bloch/stain on a plain white coat

Do most people have their own coat or get them from the uni box for the practical?

ReputationRep:
    Oh yea I also wrote on a friend's lab coat that he was gay, he wasn't amused lol.

I think as long as it is white to begin with any designs you make will still show up any dodgy stains.

I like the idea of the gold buttons and perhaps a design on the pocket and the trim of the coat and cuffs. I kinda like the rest of it plain white though.

I have my own but I borrowed the lab coats when I was too lazy to bring mine in. They usually had suspicious stains and used tissues in the pockets . euw

ReputationRep:
    Safety glasses, lab coat and spatula - 10 pounds > every other uni deal for lab stuff out there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I<3LAMP)
    Oh yea I also wrote on a friend's lab coat that he was gay, he wasn't amused lol.

I think as long as it is white to begin with any designs you make will still show up any dodgy stains.

I like the idea of the gold buttons and perhaps a design on the pocket and the trim of the coat and cuffs. I kinda like the rest of it plain white though.

I have my own but I borrowed the lab coats when I was too lazy to bring mine in. They usually had suspicious stains and used tissues in the pockets . euw
    Classic comedy :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dnator)
    Classic comedy :yep:
    It never gets old!

ReputationRep:
    Our college ones were plain white.. initially. I think most people just wrote all over one another's with various comments of varying hilarity, including such classic comments as "insert penis here" on the lower back.
    Mine is looking considerably more awesome since it has been transformed in to a dead mad zombie scientist type affair for Halloween..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    I would never buy anything, let alone a lab coat, which was described to me as "funky".

That said, my lab coat does have fake blood splattered over it which looks pretty awesome.
    "fake" blood?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irrelevance)
    Safety glasses, lab coat and spatula - 10 pounds > every other uni deal for lab stuff out there.
    Labcoat, glasses and spatula - all for 10 pounds! That is a pretty incredible deal!

ReputationRep:
    I think mine was something silly like £15 and it's doesn't fit!!!!

SO FITTED LAB COATS PLZ

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red velvet)
    Labcoat, glasses and spatula - all for 10 pounds! That is a pretty incredible deal!

Spatula 0_o ??

ReputationRep:
    I bought a white labcoat online which fit perfectly well but was around 20 pounds! - and still only plain white...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.