Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mudya)
    I only do Bio rhythms and aggression, I can make a quick plan for you on those 2 topics?

No....I do R'ships, Gender and Eating behavior. I'm going to fail this exam, tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orihime)
    No....I do R'ships, Gender and Eating behavior. I'm going to fail this exam, tomorrow.
    Just revise your hardest, and cut your handouts down to what you think is possible to write in half an hour.

Here are the Gender and Eating questions they gave in the specimen paper:

EATING BEHAVIOUR

(a) Outline factors influencing attitudes to food and eating behaviour. (5 marks)
    (b) Outline and evaluate one or more psychological explanations of one eating disorder.
    (20 marks)

'As children branch out to social relationships with their peers, gender development continues in very powerful ways - in the games they play, the relationships they form, and how they react to each other's behaviours.'
    Discuss the influence of social context on gender development. (25 marks)

I highly doubt these questions written like this will come up tomorrow but they may come up as smaller questions.
    If your feeling really stressed about it, dont revise these topics, or revise them very briefly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mudya)
    Just revise your hardest, and cut your handouts down to what you think is possible to write in half an hour.

Here are the Gender and Eating questions they gave in the specimen paper:

EATING BEHAVIOUR

(a) Outline factors influencing attitudes to food and eating behaviour. (5 marks)
    (b) Outline and evaluate one or more psychological explanations of one eating disorder.
    (20 marks)

'As children branch out to social relationships with their peers, gender development continues in very powerful ways - in the games they play, the relationships they form, and how they react to each other's behaviours.'
    Discuss the influence of social context on gender development. (25 marks)

I highly doubt these questions written like this will come up tomorrow but they may come up as smaller questions.
    If your feeling really stressed about it, dont revise these topics, or revise them very briefly.

What dont revise anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orihime)
    What dont revise anything?
    No revise the topics just not what they have asked, so psychological explanations of a disorder, its more likely to be biological explanations of one eating disorder.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who does relationships, what issues and debates could be said about relationship formation/maintenance/breakdown? Or should I not bother looking into that seeing as they asked that for the specimen paper..

ReputationRep:
    I really wouldn't want a 9 mark, then a 16 mark question would really throw me out, as we have only really practiced 25 mark questions!!

I'm finding group display the hardest in aggression, hope that doesn't come up!

ReputationRep:
    Ay up,

I'm doing Biorhythms, Eating Disorders and Cognitive Development and I am SO nervous about tomorrow, there's too much to know!!!

ReputationRep:
    I really hope neural mechanism for eating and satiation comes up I'm doing eating behaviour, relationships and aggression. Ah so much! Revision sucks.

ReputationRep:
    for anyone whos doing aggression.. do we need to know ALL of the biological explanations for aggressive behaviour in detail? ive gone over hormones, genetic components, and neural mechanisms breifly.. but was just planning on learning 2 of them in detail because im pretty sure they wont be specific when they ask for the biological explanations?

is this a little risky? there's just too much to revise!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ap3)
    for anyone whos doing aggression.. do we need to know ALL of the biological explanations for aggressive behaviour in detail? ive gone over hormones, genetic components, and neural mechanisms breifly.. but was just planning on learning 2 of them in detail because im pretty sure they wont be specific when they ask for the biological explanations?

is this a little risky? there's just too much to revise!!
    There's not too much dude just be selective in what you learn and look at what they can ask you on the spec. "Including" means they can ask you abut that specifically, but if it says "for example" they can't.

Anyway this what I do for bio. aggression - and they can ask specifically about hormonal or neural mechanisms so I'd be careful.

Hormones - Clare (2000), Simpson (2001), Sapolsky (1997), speak about Testosterone-causes-aggression theory,

Genetics - Mednick et al (1984), Newman (2005), talk about the MAOA gene and enzymes causing aggression

Neural mechanisms - Use Tateno et al and how frontal lobe lesions can cause aggression.

hopefully AQA won't be *******s but that's what I'd do above, you've just got to be selective and use things that you can easily evaluate etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mudya)
    Cool, I would have loved to do Relationships!
    If i get stuck on some of the questions I'm gonna remember some general criticisms I can use any where such as the issue and debates.
    seriously its so over rated. Just models for relationships which dont take into account the fluidity of human relationships.

the most interesting apart is reproductive behavior but the again only the investment theory is actually interesting, the rest is no shot sherlock stuff really.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody else doing Bio rhythms, Intelligence and Perception?

Or is our class, yet again, practically the only ones?

If so, does anybody know where I can find some example essays as I'm really not sure what the examiners are looking for. I don't want to write all the correct information but present it in a way where I can't get as many marks as I need.

Ahhh >

ReputationRep:
    I'd really like the relationship essay to be on "The influence of Childhood and Adolescent experiences on adult relationships"

I made a table and literally learnt it, went in to do a mock and got an A for it. Amaziiing

I'll send anyone this table if you want it - only for that page though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Em92)
    I'd really like the relationship essay to be on "The influence of Childhood and Adolescent experiences on adult relationships"

I made a table and literally learnt it, went in to do a mock and got an A for it. Amaziiing

ill have it if your offering?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_k)
    I really wouldn't want a 9 mark, then a 16 mark question would really throw me out, as we have only really practiced 25 mark questions!!

I'm finding group display the hardest in aggression, hope that doesn't come up!
    Yeah me too
    Group displays is so boring and complicated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Em92)

Could you please send it to me? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Em92)

yes please!!! That would be awesome
    so nervous about tomorrow! Doing relationships, gender and bio rhythms + sleep... too much to learn

ReputationRep:
    BROADWAY RACHAEL can u mail me that table please - [Mod edit: Please don't post email addresses on the forum]

ReputationRep:
    Can I just point out I'm scared? :s

ReputationRep:
    same ;'(

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.