Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I mean I do so well in practise ones, but that's when I KNOW the title of the question that's gonna come up.
    There's like 10000 posssibilities!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
    And I'M SO STRESSED I CAN'T TYPE SO HOW AM I GONNA WRITE IN THE EXAM?

<deep breath>
    lol better now ^^

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember anything about Anorexia.

ReputationRep:
    lol, cognitive development mirror neurons = ???
    I'd only be able to write 1 sentence for that essay and it'd be on monkeys :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kayleighface)
    I can't remember anything about Anorexia.
    just remember. Skinny people.
    That's 1/25 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollywoodbudgie)
    just remember. Skinny people.
    That's 1/25 marks
    Will do. Thanks for the help!:p:

ReputationRep:
    Will do. Thanks for the help!:p:
    :yep: np.
    Sorry I haven't actually done that topic. Mine are: relationships, gender and cognitive development :eek3:

Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollywoodbudgie)
    :yep: np.
    Sorry I haven't actually done that topic. Mine are: relationships, gender and cognitive development :eek3:

Good luck!!
    Good luck to you too

What do you want to come up for relationships?

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to you too

What do you want to come up for relationships?
    A 25 mark question on how I spell my name would be ace.

I wanted a question on relationship formation but that was in the spec
    Childhood on adult relationships is a good one but I need to revise it more.
    Discuss the nature of relationships in different cultures <-- Pretty much everyone hates that question but I'd like it.

ReputationRep:
    I hate Gender so much, I just hope something easy comes up.

ReputationRep:
    I am going to fail this exam----not even paid for it yet ahahaha

^that is me predicting the future====at least i can get something right, huh.

ReputationRep:
    how does everyone think this went (i did sleep, relationships and gender) i thought is was ok.. a few wierd questions but hey :P

ReputationRep:
    Sleep was weird, particularly the 4 mark question, wasn't sure how much to write. However, overall I thought the questions were easy.

Relationships, I forgot loads of evaluative points of parental investment theories, but managed to get quite a bit down so hope I did ok.

Aggression, at least it wasn't group display! But I forgot evaluative points for the two models! And ran out of time towards the end. So we shall see what the marker thinks to it.

Overall, maybe got a B?? Hoping for an A though!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think i did enough evaluation! i really want an A\B but don't think i'll get that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_k)
    Sleep was weird, particularly the 4 mark question, wasn't sure how much to write. However, overall I thought the questions were easy.

Relationships, I forgot loads of evaluative points of parental investment theories, but managed to get quite a bit down so hope I did ok.

Aggression, at least it wasn't group display! But I forgot evaluative points for the two models! And ran out of time towards the end. So we shall see what the marker thinks to it.

Overall, maybe got a B?? Hoping for an A though!

lol it hought so too i didnt read it properly so i put part b together and wrote about tempreature for the four maker it was only four lines but i didnt know what to writee

and yes i thought that was a good exam i bet it wopnt be any easier for resitterss

ReputationRep:
    I did Sleep, Aggression and Eating Behaviour, It was such a good paper. Its all up to the examiner now and what he/she thinks.
    I do think though the resit will be more challenging, e.g. mixing more handouts together for 1 question...

ReputationRep:
    I found the exam reasonable, there were no real surprises which is always good - I did relationships, aggression and cognitive psychology. I thought the parental investment and institutional aggression questions were perfect as there were so many evaluative points and I finished on time, just a bit unsure with the cognitive one as it was a split question.

How did everyone else find the cognitive question? The first part was quite straight forward (did Vygotsky) but evaluation in terms of education threw me a bit, ended up writing about Gredler and Mcnaughton+Leyland and kinda focusing them on eduction implications with a bit of synoptic stuff after, hope that was enough to at least get half of the 16 marks.

ReputationRep:
    Parental Investment and Application to education were the only things i didn't properly revise. Laws of probability ****** me over.

Anyway for the application to education I wrote the following, in a bit more detail obviously:

Piaget said kids should learn stuff themselves through the environment and teachers should leave them to it (discovery learning). However his theory wasnt intended for education, it was only applied to it after he died.

Vygotsky I said about how scaffolding can help kids bridge their zone of proximal development. Also mentioned how kids get pissed off if they get help when they don't need it.

For Bruner I said about spiral learning (revisiting subjects in greater detail).

And i threw in one study which was the C.A.S.E study that found team work improved GCSE results.

I thought I done well on this question as in fact for application to education I did no revision at all, this stuff just for some reason came back to me.

I'd say I got probably 10 marks for that part.

ReputationRep:
    I did relationships/aggression/eating behaviour.. thought dieting and institutional aggression were nice questions. Wasn't keen on the relationship one, it's definitely my worst topic. Was I right to talk about Trivers' investment theory and Buss & Schmitt's Sexual Strategies theory?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taperjeangirl!)
    I did relationships/aggression/eating behaviour.. thought dieting and institutional aggression were nice questions. Wasn't keen on the relationship one, it's definitely my worst topic. Was I right to talk about Trivers' investment theory and Buss & Schmitt's Sexual Strategies theory?!
    Trivers theory yes not sure about the other one.

From what we did it was Trivers, Bateman or Parent offspring conflict!

ReputationRep:
    I thought the questions were really good. Granted the sleep one was split up a bit weird but it was easy enough.

For the relationships one you don't really need to talk about Trivers to get the marks... just speak about evolutionary theory and the sex differences and why the sexes invest differently, Trivers just stated the obvious really...

I didn't mention POC either because again you can get the marks without it!

Institutional aggression was a godsend... think overall it went really well!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 6, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.