Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    nah i did cognitive-deveopmental theories

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James115)
    So many people I know wrote about social approaches to gender development instead of psychological approaches. Anyone else do this?

Well I did add in the biosocial approach but mainly discussed the psychology explanations i.e. Kohlberg and the gender scheme theory and then the biology explanation, which was pretty vague.

ReputationRep:
    did anyone do perception?
    what did you all think of the nature-nurture debate in perception development question?
    i thought it was alright

one thing, what happens if names a research that was relevant to the question the name of the researcher was not that one they won't penalise me if i only did it once right?

ReputationRep:
    I though the exam was alright it could have been better.......i did relationships, gender and eating.......for the gender section i wrote about the biosocial approach for the first part and gender constancy theory for the second part.......but a lot of people have been saying biosocial is not a psychological approach?? :

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hdin1)
    I though the exam was alright it could have been better.......i did relationships, gender and eating.......for the gender section i wrote about the biosocial approach for the first part and gender constancy theory for the second part.......but a lot of people have been saying biosocial is not a psychological approach?? :

Gender constancy is a psychological approach, biosocial is erm, i can't remember, but it's fine you mentioned it but how comes you mentioned it in the first part when it asked for psychological approaches i.e. constancy/schemas and biological explanations?

Biosocial is a combination of both biological and social, i think, but emphasis on social consequences on gender development, so yeah....

ReputationRep:
    Gender constancy is a psychological approach, biosocial is erm, i can't remember, but it's fine you mentioned it but how comes you mentioned it in the first part when it asked for psychological approaches i.e. constancy/schemas and biological explanations?

Biosocial is a combination of both biological and social, i think, but emphasis on social consequences on gender development, so yeah....
    yeah my mistake.....i think i just got confused.....i think i didnt read the question properly!

ReputationRep:
    I dont know how this went.....

i did gender eating behaviour and relationships. :/

gender i thought was so large - jst spke about kohlberg gender constancy theory and schema. then for biological genes etc. tried to do as much synopticity as possible just dont know if i had enough ao2

relationships i wasnt happy with question i just forgot the names of the studies.......so just spoke about them. managed to put loads of syno in but not enough ao2 yet again

and then eating i think i did ok but i just had so much to write so hoping the essay didnt look muddled. im quite looking forward to seeing what i get on this .... and i want to get my paper back so i can see where i went wrong. definitely going to keep going over on revision for this paper though as i am more than likely retaking it in june. xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozza11)
    I dont know how this went.....

i did gender eating behaviour and relationships. :/

gender i thought was so large - jst spke about kohlberg gender constancy theory and schema. then for biological genes etc. tried to do as much synopticity as possible just dont know if i had enough ao2

relationships i wasnt happy with question i just forgot the names of the studies.......so just spoke about them. managed to put loads of syno in but not enough ao2 yet again

and then eating i think i did ok but i just had so much to write so hoping the essay didnt look muddled. im quite looking forward to seeing what i get on this .... and i want to get my paper back so i can see where i went wrong. definitely going to keep going over on revision for this paper though as i am more than likely retaking it in june. xxx

What do you mean synoptic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)

You could of also spoke about Social contexts i.e. Behavioural (slt and Operant conditioning).

ReputationRep:
    I thought SLT and operant conditioning came under social approaches.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orihime)
    You could of also spoke about Social contexts i.e. Behavioural (slt and Operant conditioning).

Yes, but it asked for psychological and biological theories.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    Yes, but it asked for psychological and biological theories.

I am well aware of that, malsy, but what I wanted to emphasize is that the Social context bit in the Nelson Thornes book is also a psychological explanation (see, I can also make words bold) .

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, bizarre.
    OK then. ^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozza11)
    BROADWAY RACHAEL can u mail me that table please - [Mod edit: Please don't post email addresses on the forum]
    Sorry, it wasn't me who had it I was hoping to be sent it! Anyway, found the exam ok, not too much of a problem..
    Gender was FANTASTIC! I had so much to write and so much evaluation Really confident there..
    Sleep was odd.. the 4 marker really threw me off, but I liked the other questions
    Relationships was horrible. Just horrible.
    So no guesses how i've done!!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.