Turn on thread page Beta

Only Girls: Why do you laugh at this? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i'm a good looking guy, i decided to go on a night out with a small group of friends, not to sound rude but you could say they don't have the looks, e.g. obese, skinny, geeky, etc. but who cares? They are nice people. My friends on that night (2 girls, 3 guys)

I don't find any problems with people like that don't get me wrong but i encountered girls who are good looking like me, walking passed us, one of girls in the group (who i don't know) asked me, 'why you hanging around with those guys?'

I felt embarrassed and yet annoyed but yet i did not say anything. I just walked past them, ignoring them. I did give the whats the big deal face.

Then all the girls were giggling when i walk past them.

Yes, its my first name going out with my friends like them. I'm trying to make it as easy to get my point across, so please don't take offence to what i have said.

Thanks girls!

ReputationRep:
    i'd reply to the girl "**** off you shallow ****"

ReputationRep:
    Maybe your "what's the big deal face" was funny?

You should have ***** slapped her :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Girls who say that frankly aren't worth any attention. Ignore them, or retaliate with an appropriately humiliating comment and then walk off and enjoy the night.

I don't think a lot of girls are that bad are they?

Girls who can't take your friends for who they are really aren't worth your time, imagine if you got together they'd have to meet your friends then.

ReputationRep:
    "So why are your friends hanging around with you?"

ReputationRep:
    Whoever she was, she clearly wasn't worth the effort. Girls like that make me mad! :mad:

The only reason I'd steer clear of someone in a club I liked the look of because of his friends, is if they were ridiculously drunk and throwing up/behaving really badly, and that's more a personal safety thing rather than a reflection on those people.

ReputationRep:
    dude, a lot of girls act like that. whatever looks weird and stands out is certain to provoke giggles from the intellectually challenged. stand up for your friends.

ReputationRep:
    Good friends are worth their weight in gold, she sounds like a stuck up *****.

ReputationRep:
    i don't think most girls are like that to be fair. girls like that make me ashamed to be female sometimes.

in short, they do it because they're idiotic, shallow, vacuous and really not worth your time. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    shes an idiot, idiots laugh at stupid things...
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daya)
    I don't think a lot of girls are that bad are they?
    Alot are, infact, I'd say most are.

ReputationRep:
    Most of us don't. Hopefully they were laughing because they were embarrassed, as you ignored them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notker)
    Alot are, infact, I'd say most are.
    I'm not sure what kind of girls you are hanging around with but I'd say there are just as many guys as there are girls like that.

OP she sounds like a shallow cow, if anything it was a good thing she mentioned that because you know she's not the kind of person you'd wanna hang around with.

ReputationRep:
    Not all girls are like that. Rest assured you met some shallow ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fourdigit)
    Hi, i'm a good looking guy, i decided to go on a night out with a small group of friends, not to sound rude but you could say they don't have the looks, e.g. obese, skinny, geeky, etc. but who cares? They are nice people. My friends on that night (2 girls, 3 guys)

I don't find any problems with people like that don't get me wrong but i encountered girls who are good looking like me, walking passed us, one of girls in the group (who i don't know) asked me, 'why you hanging around with those guys?'

I felt embarrassed and yet annoyed but yet i did not say anything. I just walked past them, ignoring them. I did give the whats the big deal face.

Yes, its my first name going out with my friends like them. I'm trying to make it as easy to get my point across, so please don't take offence to what i have said.

Thanks girls!
    'The same reason those girls are hanging around you' ? :shrug: I've only met people like this in middle/upper school.. don't think I've met anyone quite as *****y in uni, yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smalltownboy)
    "So why are your friends hanging around with you?"
    this exactly.

ReputationRep:
    Those girls were probably laughing because it made them feel better about themselves. Sad and shallow people, who clearly have no substance. Although the fact that you mention that you felt embarrased, and that you like to point out that you are better looking than your friends ( "good looking like me" ) shows that you too are a little shallow. Remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Stick up for your friends and tell girls like that that they aren't as hot as they think they are (self-righteousness isn't an attractive quality in my opinion)

(Original post by fourdigit)

Thanks girls!
    I think the giggling is a bit immature and I would probably not act so overtly.

However I can understand why it looks a bit strange for a good looking guy to hang out with a bunch of unattracive people, as biologically you can looking for the most beautiful and intelligent people to be with.

I do understand where you are coming from as I have a few unattractive friends and we get looks when we go out as I'm quite good looking. You should just hang out with whoever you want.

I have some food for thought though. I was told recently that the people you hang around reflect your self confidence, i.e. if they aren't that attractive, you feel as attractive and intelligent as them inside.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tropical-twist3)
    I'm not sure what kind of girls you are hanging around with but I'd say there are just as many guys as there are girls like that.
    I'd disagree. I'd say maybe 95% of girls are complete buttholes, maybe 30% of men. Women seem to stop being complete *****es when they hit 35 and start looking old then the tables are turned - men age like wine, women age like milk.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 28, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.