Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This is what I do...all compound lifts are 5x5 including OHP

monday
    -squats-(last set I do sort of on my toes to nail my quads with a lower weight-as a sprinter I always found my hamstring and glutes always grow real easy and everything in my legs go through them, even when squatting)
    -OHP
    -calf raises
    -lateral raises
    -leg machine where you straighten your legs to try and nail my quads more

wednesday
    -deadlifts
    -upright row
    wide chin ups or pulldowns---all depends how my forearms feel after deadlifts--mix this up between 5x5 and 3x8..mainly 5x5
    regular sit down horizontal row

friday
    -Bench
    -some rotator cuff work
    -dips
    -face pulls-once again for rotator cuff
    -incline bench

Diets decent...not perfect....going to start adding in good peanut butter and/or nuts because I think this is where I lack.

ReputationRep:
    I also do some cardio on a x-trainer on the days not at the gym...all depends if I get pissed up on the weekend...that usually consists of 10mins then set of sit-ups, 10 mins then set of sit-ups, 10 mins then set of sit-ups..finish.

ReputationRep:
    What's your goals broski

ReputationRep:
    good shape while getting stronger on compounds. Weaknesses of mine are mainly shoulders due to rotator cuff and poorly trained a few years back...means they're crap. I don't train arms directly because I think big arms look stupid...most people have disproportionately big arms and I think it looks naff.

My main goal at the moment is the cliche of gaining muscle and losing fat.....I am kind of doing it I reckon. Come May I might go on a slight few weeks cut...nothing major...not bothered about having a ripped 6 pac...just a vague one.

ReputationRep:
    but girls always comment on my biceps and abs :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    but girls always comment on my biceps and abs :love:
    with my biceps they get nailed on back day anyway. Plus I reckon they would grow pretty easy if I did direct training...I think I'm naturally a puller rather than pusher...hence why hamstrings grow easy, same with biceps. My main aim though is to get shoulder upto standard, loose fat from my belly and just generally look wider.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugh-Jackman)
    -upright row
    Not good especially if you have a history of shoulder and/or rotor cuff problems.

Personally I'd sub them for some horizontal pulling work (eg; seated row, dumbbell rows, bent over rows, etc) given that you've already got some vertical pulling in there.

-some rotator cuff work
    It depends what camp you're from but I'm of the belief that if you aren't rehabbing from injury you've got little or no need to do dedicated rotor cuff work - provided you're training properly and through all of the planes (ie; vertical pull, horizontal pull, vertical push, horizontal push) your rotor cuffs are going to get plenty of work.

If I was to do rotor cuff work I'd do some light work as part of my warmup as per Joe DeFranco and/or at the end of my workout. As I see it doing rotor cuff work after bench pressing is almost a bit too late (ie; benching can be pretty bad for the rotor cuff so if you've had problems you'd be best off warming them up and developing some mobility beforehand not after). Also if you're going to do it between lifts it is going to have a detrimental effect on your other lifts, again, personally I'd keep the facepulls to later on in the workout.

ReputationRep:
    I usually do them at the end and my other rotator work is usually a few light dumbells, have them kind of flat at my chest with my arms at a 90 degree angle and rotate outwards.....I saw that bodybuilder wolf(e) do them before....so I pop them in just so everything isn't push on the bench day to try and even it out a bit.

They're not bothering me too much at the moment.....just trying to strengthen it so I don't get injured again and yeah I think I will get rid of the upright row....it probably is the exercise where I feel it twinging the most.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.