Turn on thread page Beta

Buying a phone from Cash Generator.... advice needed... watch

ReputationRep:
    My birthday is coming up and I really need a new, reliable phone after my LG KS600 decided to commit random suicide. I'm kind of lusting after the Samsung Tocco Ultra, but on most sites I've looked at it's way out of my price range, so I was going to settle for a cheaper model.

Having said, that, I've come across an unlocked, pre-owned handset on the Cash Generator website that I could actually afford.The quality rating at the bottom of the page is 'excellent', and I'm tempted, but I'm still a little dubious... I don't want to end up having to buy a new one in six months like I did with my current mobile.

So basically, this is the question... Is buying a second-hand, unrefurbished phone off the web a stupid thing to do or not?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't if it was me in your position. Reason being is like you said "Will it break 6 months down the line" I'd want to know if it comes with warranty or a return clause in which if it breaks within a specific time I can return it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 28, 2010
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.