Turn on thread page Beta

He's too good for me!! watch

So yes, I have pretty low self esteem and a lack of confidence. But I've started seeing an new guy and he says he wants to make it official...
    I'm a short, brunette, average-looking sixth form school girl with no job, no money and no car. But he's a tall, handsome, blond, 20 year old athletic RAF policeman!!
    At first I thought he was just seeing me because he wanted sex, which he didn't have at all last year whilst being single. But he said to me that he really really wants to go out with me, he wants me to meet his family this weekend (argh), he wants me to go back to the RAF base with him (not for sex), and that he isn't going to sleep with me for ages and waited 2 months with his ex despite having been in love with her for years before.
    So I just don't know what he's doing with me There's over a foot of difference in height between us and we're completey at opposite ends of thre attraction scale as far as I'm concerned. Plus other girls he's dated or liked have mostly been really greebo/scene/whatever you want to call it, and I'm not. He goes to the gym every single day obviously because he has free access to it but I can't afford that. I've fallen for him really hard but I think I have to end it before it's started simply because I'll never be good enough for him he's my ideal man, down to a tee, but that's the problem!

Has anyone else felt like this before? And what happened?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he likes the words you say and the way your smile smiles and the ways your eyes twinkle when you laugh. The way you giggle and make that face when he teases you and are just generally good. Maybe.

ReputationRep:
    You'll never be good enough for him; give me a PM instead

. . .

Kidding. If he likes you then he likes you for you. Just go with it.

ReputationRep:
    they keep on trollin...

I just don't know!!
    People say that I'm pretty and several guys have fallen for me. But nobody like him. I'm pretty such he could have anybody and when I told him that he said he just wants me. But I can't keep up with him...I don't have the time or the money to go to the gym and he's going to keep getting better and better looking and I'm going to stay the same. When we're in public I feel like everyone must be thinking "Ew, what's he doing with HER?" :/

ReputationRep:
    Now you're getting boring. Shut up and shack up.

And I'm not trolling...wtf. How is this even any way similar to a made up story?
    I could give you his full name and date of birth, but it's not for me to give out those details online. I'm anon because of the small chance he'll see this, and be annoyed.

ReputationRep:
    LOL your perfect guy waltez up to you and asks u to see his PARENTS (serious) and your in doubt..

Peh Women..

ReputationRep:
    Just go with it, seriously. He obviously likes you and you need to stop doubting yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Don't end it, enjoy it. If he's as perfect as you say he is, he wouldn't bother unless he liked you.

It's just too good to be true! I don't want to be a fool and get it into my head that he really likes me, if he doesn't really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reems23)
    Maybe he likes the words you say and the way your smile smiles and the ways your eyes twinkle when you laugh. The way you giggle and make that fake when he teases you and are just generally good. Maybe.

:love:

(Original post by reems23)
    Maybe he likes the words you say and the way your smile smiles and the ways your eyes twinkle when you laugh. The way you giggle and make that face when he teases you and are just generally good. Maybe.
    This is going to sound stupid, but is that really enough for a guy?

He sounds like a nutter. Be careful or you're going to have yourself a stalker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yes it is.

ReputationRep:
    depends, if he's in it for the "pussy" then no... if he's a genuine guy, then he can see past the "outer shell" so. your decision lies within your hands, depending on whether or not you know his intentions. my advice - go out with him/get to know him better... before being commited. ahh **** gotta revise for an econ exam now!

ReputationRep:
    God, yes. I love the little quirks, it's what makes the girl her.

ReputationRep:
    well its just A self esteem issue, im sure your cute, and he obviously likes you cause your not like the other girls he has dated; just meet his parents, and talk it out with him...if your having doubts just get it clarified

Where did you meet? Some similarities/connection must be there.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Yes.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.