Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I applied for a Customer Service Assistant Post at Sainsburys. I applied over a week ago and my application still says Application Under Review. How long do I have to wait before I get contacted?

James

ReputationRep:
    Mine never changed, they emailed me asking to ring them to confirm a interview. Which took around a week.

I've been employed at Sainsburys for more than 18 months and mine still says under review...

ReputationRep:
    Update:
    Emailed them and I have an interview for the 3rd. Customer Service Assistant. What do I expect in this interview

James

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't be worried, someone I know - completely gormless - got a job at SBurys, he didn't tell them that he'd be going to Uni in a month, he ended up quitting but they still wanted him back for christmas.

To cover my gormless comment, I'm not saying that's the demographic, and I'm not insulting anyone who works there (I too work at a popular High Street supermarket). In my interview, I just recited all the stuff about customer service and principles and stuff about the partnership that i found on the website back and they lapped it all up.

DVD test and one-to-one interview. You know we already have a massive Sainsburys thread where the interview questions have been answered many times already?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to double post, cba to press edit again.

Read this, learn it, recite it.

http://www.jsainsbury.co.uk/cr/

ReputationRep:
    Well I have been rejected several times by Sainsburys for not getting enough of their answers correct (Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I've given up on them now anyway) and I received automated rejections precisely at the midnight after I applied (I'm guessing they have some sort of system where they reject those automatically if they didn't get a high enough score). So if you have been waiting for a week, see that as a good sign.

ReputationRep:
    You will be given a dvd to watch with a test while you go.

The first section is on customer service, you are shown a clip of a situation and then have to rank the multiple choice answers from 1 to 3, 1 being the best thing to do. There are about 10 of those questions. Remember to think of what the manager would want you to do, rather than what would be easiest and less awkward for you.

The 2nd section is then attention to detail. This part is really easy as you are shown clips and have to write down the two things which are wrong. Such as large spaces unused on shelves, a man putting a bottle of drink unpaid for in his pocket (stealing), labels put in the wrong places and such. It's very clear what is wrong in the clip as they zoom in on it for god knows how long.

The 3rd section is on basic maths. The questions are easy and you get a rough piece of paper to work them out on. I found all of them easy apart from one was really random as you had to work out 18x13 in like 5 seconds and then had to take the answer away from £20.00 or something, but I managed it alright, I got a B at maths GCSE and I didn't find it hard at all.

The 4th section is questions similar to the questionnaire you were given when you applied. Multiple choice questions based on what kind of person you are.

Then you have a one to one with a manager, who won't really ask you questions, they will just go through everything with you. Whether you get the job or not is really based on your test, so don't worry about the one to one with manager. Make sure you know about your role as they will ask you what you think your role entails.

Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charmaiinn)
    You will be given a dvd to watch with a test while you go.
    SNIP

Good Luck
    Thanks, thats a great help, this is my first ever interview, Im quietly excited and slightly nervous.

I had to answer a load of multiple choice questions in the app, basically what I would think would be the best thing to do and the worst

James

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammie300)
    Thanks, thats a great help, this is my first ever interview, Im quietly excited and slightly nervous.

I had to answer a load of multiple choice questions in the app, basically what I would think would be the best thing to do and the worst

James
    Could you please help me with my sainsburys application?
    I'm not sure about the answers i give on the questionnaire
    Thanks

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.