Turn on thread page Beta

GDL Application watch

ReputationRep:
    I heard that the deadline is on Monday 1st Feb. What happens if I apply after that time?

If I do apply by Monday, am I able to change my mind if I decide I want to do the GDL somewhere other than my first choice?

How competitive is it? I have absolutely no idea about the process. I have secured a TC from a top firm, but what happens if I can't get a place on the GDL because I apply after the deadline?

Thanks for any info!

ReputationRep:
    I think that if you have the money, then you can get a place even after the deadline. I've heard of people enrolling right before the course started.

I think you can take the GDL anywhere you get an offer, i.e. you're not obliged to take your first choice.

If you have a TC, then I am sure you have a 2.1 and a decent reference & personal statement. You shouldn't have any difficulty getting in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mensaka)
    I think that if you have the money, then you can get a place even after the deadline. I've heard of people enrolling right before the course started.

I think you can take the GDL anywhere you get an offer, i.e. you're not obliged to take your first choice.

If you have a TC, then I am sure you have a 2.1 and a decent reference & personal statement. You shouldn't have any difficulty getting in.
    I have to write a personal statement?! Great. :rolleyes:

You can tell how clueless I am about this process. Fortunately I'm not paying for it (the firm is), so I guess that's still okay if I apply after the deadline?

How long do you have to decide after the 3 choices get back to you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple-rain)
    I have to write a personal statement?! Great. :rolleyes:

You can tell how clueless I am about this process. Fortunately I'm not paying for it (the firm is), so I guess that's still okay if I apply after the deadline?

How long do you have to decide after the 3 choices get back to you?
    I've no idea how long you get to decide. They can start offering places from the beginning of March.

Why are you putting off applying? The form is really short apart from the space where you write why you want to do the GDL etc. Other than that it's just personal details & your A Level results.

ReputationRep:
    Pity the top firm...

ReputationRep:
    Pity the top firm...
    lol

I have to write a personal statement?!
    I didn't write anything at all in this section & got offers from BPP, CoL, Nottingham. The only significant qualification is your ability to pay the fees. As you have a TC with said Top Firm, presumably they are paying them for you. Do they not specify where you should do your GDL?

ReputationRep:
    I was a part-timer and switched to the full time GDL 2 weeks after it started so I think you'll be fine!!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.