GDL Application Watch

purple-rain
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I heard that the deadline is on Monday 1st Feb. What happens if I apply after that time?

If I do apply by Monday, am I able to change my mind if I decide I want to do the GDL somewhere other than my first choice?

How competitive is it? I have absolutely no idea about the process. I have secured a TC from a top firm, but what happens if I can't get a place on the GDL because I apply after the deadline?

Thanks for any info!
Mensaka
Report 8 years ago
I think that if you have the money, then you can get a place even after the deadline. I've heard of people enrolling right before the course started.

I think you can take the GDL anywhere you get an offer, i.e. you're not obliged to take your first choice.

If you have a TC, then I am sure you have a 2.1 and a decent reference & personal statement. You shouldn't have any difficulty getting in.
purple-rain
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by Mensaka)
I think that if you have the money, then you can get a place even after the deadline. I've heard of people enrolling right before the course started.

I think you can take the GDL anywhere you get an offer, i.e. you're not obliged to take your first choice.

If you have a TC, then I am sure you have a 2.1 and a decent reference & personal statement. You shouldn't have any difficulty getting in.
I have to write a personal statement?! Great. :rolleyes:

You can tell how clueless I am about this process. Fortunately I'm not paying for it (the firm is), so I guess that's still okay if I apply after the deadline?

How long do you have to decide after the 3 choices get back to you?
Mensaka
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by purple-rain)
I have to write a personal statement?! Great. :rolleyes:

You can tell how clueless I am about this process. Fortunately I'm not paying for it (the firm is), so I guess that's still okay if I apply after the deadline?

How long do you have to decide after the 3 choices get back to you?
I've no idea how long you get to decide. They can start offering places from the beginning of March.

Why are you putting off applying? The form is really short apart from the space where you write why you want to do the GDL etc. Other than that it's just personal details & your A Level results.
dalianatkinson
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Pity the top firm...
peachmelba
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Pity the top firm...
lol

I have to write a personal statement?!
I didn't write anything at all in this section & got offers from BPP, CoL, Nottingham. The only significant qualification is your ability to pay the fees. As you have a TC with said Top Firm, presumably they are paying them for you. Do they not specify where you should do your GDL?
Lell
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I was a part-timer and switched to the full time GDL 2 weeks after it started so I think you'll be fine!!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (68)
37.57%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (60)
33.15%
I don't have an opinion (53)
29.28%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed