Turn on thread page Beta

Guys: Are any of you like this with your gf? watch

Just wondering...for those guys in relationships, do any of you not feel the need to text or get in contact with your gf for days, and even for a week or more? Like could you just not speak to her for a while, and everything's fine?

I'm just asking because my bf's like that a bit. Like he doesnt feel the need to be in contact like loads and stuff. Its my first proper relationship so I'm not sure if this is normal or not??

ReputationRep:
    I was like that but it's not a good thing.. I think I was unhappy with things subconsciously.. Things are sorted now tho.. It's not good when one person can go without the other for a long time but the other can't, it's unhealthy for the relationship.. Feelings are too different and there's usually conflict.. If he's always been like this then maybe you just need to let him know that you wanna be able to contact him more often.. If he's recently changed to be like this, then most likely something's up..

Thanks. That's what I thought too. How did you sort it out, if you don't mind me asking? And what weren't you happy about? Yourself or your relationship/gf?

ReputationRep:
    depends. when i'm at uni then yeh we'll see/chat every day. when we're both at home we'll chat on the phone every couple of days.

ReputationRep:
    I only tend to see my boyfriend at the weekend atm because im in my final months of uni...its difficult, and we can't go for long without ringing one another. We talk every day, even if its for 5mins. I've been with him for 18 months now.

ReputationRep:
    I speak to her every day, even when she's not in the country

ReputationRep:
    One of my ex's was very much like this. It was a bit worse though, because he'd get pissed off at me for not initiating contact. :confused:. It was one of the main reasons we broke up; I couldn't get him to see I wanted to talk to him regularly. I'm one of those people that sends random texts all the time, and I usually expect a reply!

Talk to him, if it's getting you down let him know. Hopefully he'll understand that you're not okay with leaving it for a long time.

ReputationRep:
    I have been with my boyfriend for over 3 years now and he can be like that sometimes. we both live together now at uni and come from the same town but when we're at home i can go for days without hearing from him, its just because he is busy and enjoying his time with his friends, then he will text me and be really excited about seeing me again.

He doesnt text me when he's with his friends coz none of them, except one, has ever had a girlfriend and they get onto him (and the other guy) a lot whenever they talk to their girlfriends.

As for normal? I guess it depends on the situation. if he is uninterested when he is with u then its not normal but if he is it could be that when hes not texting u that he is just really busy or his friends disapprove

ReputationRep:
    i think i might feel a bit smothered if my boyfriend called everyday , it can get irritating as sometimes i like to be by myself.. a nice text wouldnt hurt though..

ReputationRep:
    Nope, my bf and I have txt each other throughout the day/night since we met. Even long distance, we never go a day without some form of contact whether it's skype, phone, email or txt.

I'd feel extremely insecure if I had a bf who didn't contact me for days/weeks at a time.

ReputationRep:
    Me and my boyfriend can go days without speaking - I think its kinda pathetic if you have to hear their voice every single day just to get by. My ex did it every single day and night and it drove me up the ******* wall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Nope, my bf and I have txt each other throughout the day/night since we met. Even long distance, we never go a day without some form of contact whether it's skype, phone, email or txt.

I'd feel extremely insecure if I had a bf who didn't contact me for days/weeks at a time.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antonia87)
    Me and my boyfriend can go days without speaking - I think its kinda pathetic if you have to hear their voice every single day just to get by. My ex did it every single day and night and it drove me up the ******* wall.
    I think it's more the fact that most people want to speak to their partners every day.

I could easily 'get by' without hearing from my boyfriend for days on end, but I wouldn't consider it much of a relationship. I'd rather just be with someone who I wanted to speak to every day, and who wanted to speak to me every day.

ReputationRep:
    I would text her over 4000 times a day. Don't know why, since I was living in her bins at the time and could have easily called out to her. Ironically all the texting bankrupted me, and now I HAVE to live in bins.
    Not hers, though. The courts made sure of that.

ReputationRep:
    My ex was like this and I think he genuinly didn't really use his phone that much- he didn't text/ call anyone so I didn't take it personally! We were together nearly 2 years so it can't have done any harm! Its just whether you feel comfortable not talking much. If you want to talk more then just try initiating contact and see what happens? x x x x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Just wondering...for those guys in relationships, do any of you not feel the need to text or get in contact with your gf for days, and even for a week or more? Like could you just not speak to her for a while, and everything's fine?
    If he really is your "boyfriend" (the term takes on a different definition depending on what thread you're posting in i.e. anything from "person I gave a blowjob to once" to "person I'm stalking") then:

1. he's seeing someone else.
    2. you are a booty-call.
    3. he's not that in to you but doesn't see a need for a break up.
    4. all of the above.

I've moved home 20+ times round the UK, always make lots of new friends where ever I move to and every bloke is the same.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend's like that. Today is the third day in a row that he hasn't text or called me at all, and it's f****** annoying.

ReputationRep:
    Jaaar my guys like that and I am as well, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest (Although, we're prolly in a different situation than you OP!). But even before things changed, we weren't really in the sort of 'constant contact' most couples seem to be in lol

If you're not entirely happy with the situation go speak to him about it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 28, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.