Turn on thread page Beta

flavoured or unflavoured whey protein? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    edit: nvm

ReputationRep:
    I drink unflavoured whey with oats and cornflour, but then again, i'm an idiot :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Cheaper route?

Get the oats from Asda/Sainsburys etc for about £1, and then use the £1.50 you saved on the flavoured version.

ReputationRep:
    it's not that much more money

any flavouring system like nesquick is likely to contain heavy sugars

just got flavoured than save the pennies

ReputationRep:
    Unflavoured whey from MyProtein just tastes like normal milk to me when mixed. I usually mix it with some Nesquick and that does to job

ReputationRep:
    Asda smart price porridge oats are around 50p for a kilo. Put them in a blender and you're gonna save a lot of money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitepearlbaby)
    Asda smart price porridge oats are around 50p for a kilo. Put them in a blender and you're gonna save a lot of money.
    Not sure that'd make them small enough tbh. Maybe I just have a crap blender, but when I use cheap ass supermarket oats it's nowhere near as nice as myprotein oats.

I've never used the unflavoured whey. Flavoured stuff isn't that much more expensive though. Choc smooth whey + oats + milk = nice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)
    Unflavoured whey from MyProtein just tastes like normal milk to me when mixed. I usually mix it with some Nesquick and that does to job
    Yeah I buy this, although I don't bother mixing it with nesquick, providing you are okay with the taste of milk/gloopy water you should be okay.

ReputationRep:
    i use tesco oats,,,50 p for 500grams. .. texture doesn't bother me, i like chewing.

Mum bought 3kg of scott's oat :teeth: MUHAHA....3 pounds :woo:

ReputationRep:
    FLAVOURED unless you want your gag reflex taking over your UNFIT LIFE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nish81)
    hi guys,

i've been looking at some supplement products, and i've decided to order 'instant oats' from MP (http://www.myprotein.co.uk/bulk-powd.../instant-oats/) and mix it with whey protein powder and milk to make a reasonably healthy shake

what i can't decide on is whether it'd be better to use the cheaper unflavoured whey protein (http://www.myprotein.co.uk/bulk-supp...nflavoured%29/) or get a flavoured whey protein (http://www.myprotein.co.uk/bulk-powd...-whey-protein/)

i'd rather go the cheaper route, and then i'd end up adding some chocolate milk powder or something to try and give it a decent flavour :p: but I was wondering whether anyone's had any bad experiences taste-wise with the bulk unflavoured whey and whether that'd be a bad idea?
    Used unflavoured whey from myprotein for a long time.
    The taste takes a while getting used to. But it just tastes like milk after a while.

Switched to strawberry and choc flavour few months ago. They're so sweet that it's sickly.

Verdict: stick with unflavoured - 1) it doesn't taste that bad, 2) it's much cheaper, 3) it has no artificial sweeteners

ReputationRep:
    If you decide to get unflavoured use:
    http://www.myprotein.co.uk/?page=online-price-matcher
    With website www.bulkpowders.co.uk to get 5KG of unflavoured for £34.95 or www.sports-nutrition.net for 10lb (4.54kg) of unflavoured for £28.88

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.