Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dazmanultra)
    other than to compare e-penises.
    :eek: Thats pretty quick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    Edit: This thread is just for fun and is not meant to be taken seriously

Due to the problems with the current postcount system i have deviced a simple new system based on rep, postcounts and joining date to work out peoples true seniority on the forum.

Your seniority rating =
    + 1 for every full month since you joined
    + 1 for evey 1000 posts
    + 1 for every gem of rep

so mine is 4 + 1 + 3

Note this system only gives a vauge idea of who is more senior, and dosn't take into account the actual contents of people posts but i thought it might be interwsting - here is the seniority rating of the tope page of members:

So in order of seniority, then alphabetically:

Adhsur 15
    elpaw 13
    ickle_katy 13
    Ollie 13
    Mr White 12
    Iluvatar 11
    lou p lou 11
    Xenon 11
    Leekey 10
    Egan1 9
    Expression 9
    Lord Huntroyde 9
    a_musical_gal 8
    Bigcnee 8
    edders 8
    loftx 8
    Bhaal85 7
    eric bischoff 7
    Infinity 7
    Pencil Queen 7
    vienna95 7
    ZJuwelH 7
    2776 6
    Blamps 6
    gemgems89 6
    theone 6
    Anna 5
    curryADD 5
    Sire 2

Feel free to work out your own and add it below
    thats pretty intersting

but surely everyone is equal

however some are more equal than others!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    thats pretty intersting

but surely everyone is equal

however some are more equal than others!
    Nope, some of us are better!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    yes...I agree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    in this life, everyone is a worm, i however am a GLOWWORM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    I like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    thats very good indeed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    I like that
    i like it too....it was a quote from my seventh grade planner

ReputationRep:
    It seems quite accurate.

ReputationRep:
    evidently i disagree that gems be taken into consideration. i dont think wasting time flattering each other and playing silly games to win more rep, let alone toning your comments to coerce points from people is very commendable. surely, seniority comes with the ability not to enter into the childish chit chat and rep begging?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    evidently i disagree that gems be taken into consideration. i dont think wasting time flattering each other and playing silly games to win more rep, let alone toning your comments to coerce points from people is very commendable. surely, seniority comes with the ability not to enter into the childish chit chat and rep begging?
    well,

isn't rep the only indicator we have at the moment of how useful somebody actually is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    Also, people give people like Vienna negative rep because they don't agree with her opinions, but I think that is wrong, disagreeing with someone is not reason enough to give them negative rep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    well,

isn't rep the only indicator we have at the moment of how useful somebody actually is?
    What do you mean 'useful'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Also, people give people like Vienna negative rep because they don't agree with her opinions, but I think that is wrong, disagreeing with someone is not reason enough to give them negative rep.
    That happens to me more often than not. More than once have I recieved negative rep with comments like "Sort out your empty head, you rightist scumbag."

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean 'useful'?
    Contributing to discussions intelligently.

Not spamming or being offensive.

Being a valued member of the commuity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    That happens to me more often than not. More than once have I recieved negative rep with comments like "Sort out your empty head, you rightist scumbag."
    Yes, negative rep should not be given to people who properly constuct an argument and debate thier point. Some people cannot accept they are inferior.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    Contributing to discussions intelligently.

Not spamming or being offensive.

Being a valued member of the commuity.
    But the points we are making disprove that. Often people give rep for stupid posts but not for valuable ones.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, negative rep should not be given to people who properly constuct an argument and debate thier point. Some people cannot accept they are inferior.
    That's true - like the newbies, for example. They claim that they are not inferior, but they are! How can they expect to be as respected as someone who has been around for half a year? Most of their posts seem to be nothing more than chit-chat, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    But the points we are making disprove that. Often people give rep for stupid posts but not for valuable ones.
    Give neg rep you mean.

The problem is that I'd love to give good rep wherever possible for good posts (there are loads on the grammar schools thread) but I can't because of the stupid 24 hour rule.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    That's true - like the newbies, for example. They claim that they are not inferior, but they are! How can they expect to be as respected as someone who has been around for half a year? Most of their posts seem to be nothing more than chit-chat, anyway.
    maybe seniority should be based on total hours spent on UK Learning.

How the hell would you find that out? Haven't got a clue.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.