The Student Room Group

Some advice/opinions wanted...

Anon or delete please. I'm just after some opinions on my situation/advice on what to do really...

My main problem is when it comes to boys. I have massive problems with trusting them and believing them when they tell me they like me. I hadn't ever really had much to do with relationships and things until about a year ago when I got involved with someone who I ended up really liking. We were seeing each other for a while but I still couldn't trust that he actually liked me... We slept together a few times but afterwards I always felt like I had to leave and like I'd done something wrong :frown: It happened a few times and then things with the guy just kind of faded into nothing. A couple of months ago there was another guy I was seeing for a while. A similar thing happened and as soon as we started to get too close e.g. hugging in bed or anything more, I felt like I was doing something wrong again and left pretty quickly.

There's one thing that I can kind of link it to, but I don't know if it has anything to do with it or whether it's just me being weird! About 2 years ago, I was really, really drunk... like didn't know what I was doing and I ended up having sex with some random guy who approached me at a party. I didn't want to and he did stop when I told him to. It never really affected me, but I'm the kind of person who blocks things out rather than dealing with them. Could it be that subconsciously this thing is starting to affect me? Only one person knows about this and it's not something I like to think/talk about.

I never talk about any problems I have and on the surface I come across as being happy/confident, but underneath it really isn't like that. How can I get over these stupid trust issues and stop feeling so guilty for getting close to people? I don't want it to keep ruining things.
I generally don't reply to this kind of thread as there are so many things that we, as readers, don't know. That said, I will tell you my initial thoughts on the subject: it's not a trust issue, it's a self-esteem issue. So, in general, how is your esteem/confidence?
Reply 2
watchtheday
I generally don't reply to this kind of thread as there are so many things that we, as readers, don't know. That said, I will tell you my initial thoughts on the subject: it's not a trust issue, it's a self-esteem issue. So, in general, how is your esteem/confidence?

Not always that great... I wish I knew how to change it.

Latest

Trending

Trending