Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    All of them are for IBD. Almost sure I'll go for JPM. Thought JPM would have the longest hours?

ReputationRep:
    I prefer BB banks than top boutiques, especially for internships, so:

1st JPM: prestige, dealflow, training programs, good time to join JPM
    2nd CS: higher chances to get converted, doing OK, might be a better fit for some people (especially for girls...)
    3rd Rothschild: boutique (not my thing), low conversion

You can´t really make a huge mistake in this decision since the three are top banks. But go for JPM.

Edit: Regarding hours it all depends in which team do you end up

ReputationRep:
    With JPM your hours are based on your workload. My partner works in IBD and providing you get it done, you're out by 6.30pm/7.00pm. On the other hand if you have tight deadlines you may have to work longer hours. It's also true about the team comment that Eok made. That does have an influential factor too. It does also depend on how your manager is. Some can be ruthless i.e they make you work the long hours.

My friend at CS said that nobody leaves the premises before 6.30pm because that's really looked down upon. She also said there's alot of *****iness between the grads and generally she feels the politics.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for some very good input. Have decided to go for JPM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CopenhagenCalling)
    Thanks for some very good input. Have decided to go for JPM.
    good choice:cool:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.mergermarket.com/pdf/Pres...rs-Q3-2009.pdf

Have a look at page 13

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by /Paranoia\)
    http://www.mergermarket.com/pdf/Pres...rs-Q3-2009.pdf

Have a look at page 13
    That's only till Q3.

http://online.thomsonreuters.com/Dea...y%20Review.pdf

Starts at page 14.

Also, if OP will be placed into a sector team, then he'll also have to look at his firm's ranking in capital markets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uthinkilltellu)
    That's only till Q3.

http://online.thomsonreuters.com/Dea...y%20Review.pdf

Starts at page 14.

Also, if OP will be placed into a sector team, then he'll also have to look at his firm's ranking in capital markets.
    JPM Caz dominates UK ECM business but that's because the corporate broking arm is so damn strong... in EMEA ECM exc. UK they're still top five though, but Credit Suisse is top three with a lot of deals early on this year (just looking at IFR review etc.)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.