Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cosmichorn)
    I did criminal and child

Child=Easy
    Criminal=Bit harder, few 'trick' questions as well, for example the field studies one if you arent careful you would have wrote about Yarmey instead of Yuille + Cutshall, and there was one where you had to write about another theory explaining criminal behaviour from 'a social or biological approach' and i of course thought this meant a theory from the approaches we learnt in AS
    I know i so nearly wrote about Yarmey instead of Yuille and Cutshall I know a few people that did.
    Did it not mean a theory from an approach from last year? :confused: I wrote about Eysenck from Biological.
    I agree child wasn't too bad - no daycare, content analysis or written analysis :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woopwoop:))
    I know i so nearly wrote about Yarmey instead of Yuille and Cutshall I know a few people that did.
    Did it not mean a theory from an approach from last year? :confused: I wrote about Eysenck from Biological.
    I agree child wasn't too bad - no daycare, content analysis or written analysis :woo:
    Yeahhh dont worry you were meant to write about Eysenk, its just me being stupid :P (well it would have been a bit easier if they phrased the question so it was less confusing IMO) but yeah i was hoping nothing on practical/NICHD EPPE/ Daycare came up for child, and Bowlby 12 marker was pretty nice i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cosmichorn)
    Yeahhh dont worry you were meant to write about Eysenk, its just me being stupid :P (well it would have been a bit easier if they phrased the question so it was less confusing IMO) but yeah i was hoping nothing on practical/NICHD EPPE/ Daycare came up for child, and Bowlby 12 marker was pretty nice i think
    oh goodgood i was worried then.
    I thought that question was really mean, the one about comparing the 2 explanations. I didn't know how SLT and Eysenck were similar :confused: and yeah i think i aced the Bowlby 12 mark :cool: I reeeeeally hope i got an A. But most people found it okay so i reckon the grade boundaries will be quite high

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woopwoop:))
    oh goodgood i was worried then.
    I thought that question was really mean, the one about comparing the 2 explanations. I didn't know how SLT and Eysenck were similar :confused: and yeah i think i aced the Bowlby 12 mark :cool: I reeeeeally hope i got an A. But most people found it okay so i reckon the grade boundaries will be quite high

I wrote about YARMEY. How is that wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Da_hopeful_1)
    I wrote about YARMEY. How is that wrong
    Did you write about Yarmey in the field study question? Because that was meant to be about Yuille+Cutshall because Yarmey was a field experiment. It was really sneaky of Edexcel

ReputationRep:
    Oh man. was it the question about describe the procedure of one field study in criminal psychology. it was worth 4 marks. I ca guarantee i wrote about yarmey in that question. Does this mean i wont get any marks.

Who else wrote about yarmey ?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 8, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.