Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently on a gap yr after doing my 3yr degree at Manchester Uni. Been offered a place at Queen's to do a masters in Sustainability and CSR...i'm going travelling in May and I won' have time to visit before I come.

I was just wondering what life is like for postgrads at Queen's? Is there specific accomm for postgrads at Elms Village? Or anyone know of the best places to stay for someone completely new to the city wanting to make friends (without the craziness of freshers etc..)??

HELP!

ReputationRep:
    Hello and (early) welcome to QUB

I've just finished my MA at Queen's and really liked it there, though I on purpose didn't go into the postgrad housing they have in case it was a nightmare! I only heard positive experiences though. Elms is a total party centre but they do zone the postgrads into their own section and the girl I knew living there had no probs with noise etc. Likewise for the Mount Charles houses, though these are ever so slightly 'grotty'. If you are looking for private houseshares the best postcodes are BT7 (right around campus) and BT9 (walking distance but a bit quieter...usually).

They're in the middle of converting one of the former library buildings into a Postgrad Centre which should centralise all the school organised postgrad stuff. There's also a Postgrad Students Association (Queen's PGSA on f/book) which organises lots of things to do

I loved the campus, made friends really easily, and was never short of social activities to occupy my time. Belfast itself is a great city too!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.