Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just to reassure myself and my friends, who actually thinks this exam is mentally impossible. There is WAY too much to remember!

ReputationRep:
    There is lots and lots to remember yes.....

Look on the spec at what it says... if it says "including" then you need to know it.. if it says "for example" then you don't!

Make things easier for your self and learn only what you need...

e.g. 2 theories of relationship formation. learn two really well, forget the rest.

hopefully we'll get easy questions anyway. what topics are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thompsonbassman)
    There is lots and lots to remember yes.....

Look on the spec at what it says... if it says "including" then you need to know it.. if it says "for example" then you don't!

Make things easier for your self and learn only what you need...

e.g. 2 theories of relationship formation. learn two really well, forget the rest.

hopefully we'll get easy questions anyway. what topics are you studying?
    how do i look at the spec?
    i'm actually starting to feel ill from the sheer amount of revision

gender, relationships and aggression

i really need an a though, that's the thing !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyjosephine)
    how do i look at the spec?
    i'm actually starting to feel ill from the sheer amount of revision

gender, relationships and aggression

i really need an a though, that's the thing !
    Well you can look in the book you've been revising from it will let you know ... or look at this

http://web.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-2180-W-SP-10.PDF

It says

Evolutionary explanations of parental investment: for example, sex differences,
    parent-offspring conflict

When it says for example it means you don't have to talk about that, they can only make you talk about things when it says including next to it. That's why i've not even taken the time to learn POC, don't need it.

ReputationRep:
    I've never been so screwed in my life

doing gender, biological rhythms and eating behaviour. HORRIBLE.

ReputationRep:
    Just to reassure myself and my friends, who actually thinks this exam is mentally impossible. There is WAY too much to remember!
    Don't worry, I'm feeling exactly the same... I'm doing Gender, Aggression and Cognitive Development and there's so much information to learn I fear my head may explode

ReputationRep:
    i hope to god everyone does badly and the grade boundaries are low!!

ReputationRep:
    Well you can look in the book you've been revising from it will let you know ... or look at this

It says

When it says for example it means you don't have to talk about that, they can only make you talk about things when it says including next to it. That's why i've not even taken the time to learn POC, don't need it.
    really!? i never knew that thankssss!
    i'm gonna make myself sounds stupid but POC?

ReputationRep:
    i hope to god everyone does badly and the grade boundaries are low!!

ideal situation! or hopefully the essays will be really general and we can just apply our knowledge to that (not that I have any knowledge). I literally have half a years work to cram tonight...I'm starting at 4:30 and finishing at 12:00 I've decided.

Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:

It says

really!? i never knew that thankssss!
    i'm gonna make myself sounds stupid but POC?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarmiteOnToast)
    I've never been so screwed in my life

doing gender, biological rhythms and eating behaviour. HORRIBLE.
    lame, if you want some help ill type you some notes?

It says

ha second time today youve helped me lol, i been ripping my hair out because I couldn't get my head round adolescence experiences .

ReputationRep:
    ideal situation! or hopefully the essays will be really general and we can just apply our knowledge to that (not that I have any knowledge). I literally have half a years work to cram tonight...I'm starting at 4:30 and finishing at 12:00 I've decided.

Good luck everyone!
    yeah general questions would be nice
    yknow what'd be good
    "talk about relationships" haha, not that they would ever do that

i don't think aqa really thought about the sheer amount of information theyre trying to make us remember
    also i don't really see how memory recall is testing how good of a psychologist you are. i hate aqa !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by az1992)
    lame, if you want some help ill type you some notes
    Thanks, it's nice of you to offer but don't worry as I'm sure you have your own stuff to learn. Thanks again!

ReputationRep:
    lame, if you want some help ill type you some notes?

ha second time today youve helped me lol, i been ripping my hair out because I couldn't get my head round adolescence experiences .
    No worries man what you struggling with?

They could pop a question about that, did I already mention what studies to use? They're pretty easy to evaluate too!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, it's nice of you to offer but don't worry as I'm sure you have your own stuff to learn. Thanks again!
    no dont worry about me, im kind of trying to summarize what I have learnt in the past 2 weeks as in seeing how much I can repeat without the use of my notes so it would benefit me as well. Dont feel bad just give me a topic and ill see if i can pull out some useful info

ReputationRep:
    no dont worry about me, im kind of trying to summarize what I have learnt in the past 2 weeks as in seeing how much I can repeat without the use of my notes so it would benefit me as well. Dont feel bad just give me a topic and ill see if i can pull out some useful info

Well I've done my own eating behaviours notes (to a degree), so if you happen to want to revise biological rhythms or gender (this would be great), I'd vastly appreciate it.

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have any exam-style questions that aren't from the spec paper/Nelson Thornes book? I'd really appreciate it.

Relationships/aggression/eating behaviour

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    i am going mad! i am doin biological rhythms, relationships and gender. I have some god damn many essays to learn and i have got my final maths c4 paper tomorrow and havnt done anything for that yet. Is it safe to say that im totally boned?! I HATE AQA:mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarkoVan)
    i am going mad! i am doin biological rhythms, relationships and gender. I have some god damn many essays to learn and i have got my final maths c4 paper tomorrow and havnt done anything for that yet. Is it safe to say that im totally boned?! I HATE AQA:mad:
    basic relationships stuff:

formation- reward/need satisfaction model-bryne and clore
    matching hypothesis- walster

maintenance- Social Exchange Theory/Equity Theory- Bryne and Clore
    Investment model- Rusbult

Breakdown thory- rollie and duck

Sexual selection stuff- sexual dimorphism
    4 factors: 1. mental capabilities
    2.facial preference (grammer and thornhill, thornhill and gangestad)
    3.provisioning (fisher)
    4.body + behaviour (zahavi)
    sperm competition (harvey and harcourt)
    personal ads- dunbar

Childhood Effects stuff-
    bowbly's internal working model
    ainsworths attachment types
    adolescence- mother daughter and father son relationships + peers (haynie + madeson)

parental investment
    trivers
    mother invests more, limited number (buss- emotional infidelity jealousy)
    sibling rivalry + parent offspring conflit

+ culture (not a clue tbh)

squishing it down to this has really helped me tbh
    theyre the bones, if in doubt, make the flesh up, s'what i'll be doing :')

ReputationRep:

Good luck everyone!
    Haha same

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.