Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know loads of people are probably feeling like this but I've felt so down for the last four weeks since going back to school. I've been revising every single night and doing exams and it's just taken it out of me. All I want to do is sleep. I seem to be sleeping every evening between 4 and 5.30 or as soon as I get home from school. Last night I slept from 4-5.30 and then 7.30-10, and managed to sleep all night until about ten this morning! And I've missed so much school as well, e.g I missed one day in the first week back due to snow, 2 days in the second week due to illness, and two days this week due to illness, but I don't know if it's illness or just tiredness. I've got a headache and stuff but I could have managed!

Also work is really getting me down. I've got to work all weekend and I just want a break! I haven't had a single day in about two months when I can just go to town and have lunch and go to the shops and just generally relax And I'm constantly having to change my hours because my boss puts me down to do so much which is causing tension. I need to change one day in half term because I've got a uni applicant day but I'm too scared to tell her because I know she'll go mad

It just seems everything is on top of me at the moment!

Some days I can't eat dinner and some days (like today) I can't even get out of bed to go to school, even though I really wanted to go! I don't know whats wrong with me or what to do

ReputationRep:
    Same with me here aswell, but life is life and you just got to get on with it.

ReputationRep:
    Do something that's not work related, for a change. Sports/clubs, anything like that to divert your mind somewhere else for a while.

ReputationRep:
    Excercise is your friend. Go for a run or something. Take your mind off things and afterwards will leave you feeling much better

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't know what to do and don't really have time lol. Working all day saturday and all day sunday
    And doing my coursework all evening :\
    I wish I didn't have to work saturdays then I could get out and do stuff.. but it's a 'saturday job'! I've considered quitting my job and going back to my old one because then I can work just sundays or saturdays every other week.. but this one is better pay and easier to get to so it's more practical. I think it's work making me feel down tbh.. I'm so tired in the evenings after school and then having to work all weekend means I never see my friends or family or get a chance to go to the gym or anything!

ReputationRep:
    Feelin the same. But its only for a bit, then bring on the summer hols.
    As for the job, quit it, exams are more important.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BabyGirl92)
    Some days I can't eat dinner and some days (like today) I can't even get out of bed to go to school, even though I really wanted to go! I don't know whats wrong with me or what to do
    Why can't you eat? If you aren't eating much then this could be one of the causes for feeling so tired and weak.

You should quit your job for sure. I'm sure you don't need the money that badly. Jeopardizing your future for the sake of a student job isn't smart. If you explain to your boss whats happening then I'm sure she will sympathize, there is just no way that she would be mad at you for it. Perhaps sending her a letter or an email would be an easier way of doing it?

ReputationRep:
    I feel **** too

I spent the last month revising and then ****** up my exams so it counts for ******* nothing

Its a joke

I nap in the day and cant sleep at night

I go out once a week and get really drunk then depressed

I broke up with my gf and still miss her but havent had time to try n meet anyone else whereas she met someone else as soon as i broke up with her

My grandad just died

I got rejected from cambridge warwick and UCL

My life is bull ****

The root of it as A levels
    they're a piece of ****

Im so stressed out.. i never wanna be like this again

Thats why im not gonna go to a top uni

Its too much effort

So in a sense im glad i got rejected from cambridge cos i hate hard work - esp when im not rewarded for it

FML

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GPL1989)
    Why can't you eat? If you aren't eating much then this could be one of the causes for feeling so tired and weak.

You should quit your job for sure. I'm sure you don't need the money that badly. Jeopardizing your future for the sake of a student job isn't smart. If you explain to your boss whats happening then I'm sure she will sympathize, there is just no way that she would be mad at you for it. Perhaps sending her a letter or an email would be an easier way of doing it?
    I'm just not hungry in the day! I eat breakfast but dont really enjoy it then I never feel like eating my sandwiches in school. I always eat tea though. Today for example I've had 7 biscuits.. I just havent felt like eating anything!

I don't think my boss would understand tbh.. I haven't worked a sunday yet this month but I am for the next three sundays and doing long hours too and I know it's gonna make me feel even worse than I do now! Before christmas I worked every single saturday and sunday for a month and all the days leading up to christmas when I had revision to do and coursework. I told her that and she would only take me off one shift, not sympathetic at all.

I don't want to quit because I want the money and when I'm there I find it allright.. the people are okay and the jobs easy. On the other hand I hate working every weekend and it was much better in my old job when I'd work saturday one weekend, sunday the next and have the odd weekend off. At least I felt like I had a life then!

ReputationRep:
    I'm just not hungry in the day! I eat breakfast but dont really enjoy it then I never feel like eating my sandwiches in school. I always eat tea though. Today for example I've had 7 biscuits.. I just havent felt like eating anything!

I don't think my boss would understand tbh.. I haven't worked a sunday yet this month but I am for the next three sundays and doing long hours too and I know it's gonna make me feel even worse than I do now! Before christmas I worked every single saturday and sunday for a month and all the days leading up to christmas when I had revision to do and coursework. I told her that and she would only take me off one shift, not sympathetic at all.

I don't want to quit because I want the money and when I'm there I find it allright.. the people are okay and the jobs easy. On the other hand I hate working every weekend and it was much better in my old job when I'd work saturday one weekend, sunday the next and have the odd weekend off. At least I felt like I had a life then!
    I thought that would be the case. I think all the stress from your work and school combined is causing the lack of hunger. Then this starts to have an affect on you (being ill, constantly being tired), which results in even less free time and more stress. Its like a vicious cycle and it sounds as if its only going to get worse, especially with the sunday work coming up.

You want the money, but do you need it? Think about the long-term here, the money you're earning will be so insignificant in comparison to what you earn in the future. As for your boss - have you explained exactly whats going on to her? Communication is key, with a proper explanation I'm sure she will change her attitude completely. I'd be willing to bet she has no idea how you're actually feeling, and if she did, she'd gladly cut you some slack.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackB123)
    I feel **** too

I spent the last month revising and then ****** up my exams so it counts for ******* nothing

Its a joke

I nap in the day and cant sleep at night

I go out once a week and get really drunk then depressed

I broke up with my gf and still miss her but havent had time to try n meet anyone else whereas she met someone else as soon as i broke up with her

My grandad just died

I got rejected from cambridge warwick and UCL

My life is bull ****

The root of it as A levels
    they're a piece of ****

Im so stressed out.. i never wanna be like this again

Thats why im not gonna go to a top uni

Its too much effort

So in a sense im glad i got rejected from cambridge cos i hate hard work - esp when im not rewarded for it

FML
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Do you need to revise every night? Give your self a break.

ReputationRep:
    You said it yourself, you need to relax Go to one of those massage places and get a nice massage!

ReputationRep:
    :console:

ReputationRep:
    I know loads of people are probably feeling like this but I've felt so down for the last four weeks since going back to school. I've been revising every single night and doing exams and it's just taken it out of me. All I want to do is sleep. I seem to be sleeping every evening between 4 and 5.30 or as soon as I get home from school. Last night I slept from 4-5.30 and then 7.30-10, and managed to sleep all night until about ten this morning! And I've missed so much school as well, e.g I missed one day in the first week back due to snow, 2 days in the second week due to illness, and two days this week due to illness, but I don't know if it's illness or just tiredness. I've got a headache and stuff but I could have managed!

Also work is really getting me down. I've got to work all weekend and I just want a break! I haven't had a single day in about two months when I can just go to town and have lunch and go to the shops and just generally relax And I'm constantly having to change my hours because my boss puts me down to do so much which is causing tension. I need to change one day in half term because I've got a uni applicant day but I'm too scared to tell her because I know she'll go mad

It just seems everything is on top of me at the moment!

i sooo feel the sam eway too!!!.. i go to sleep immediately i come back from college , then wake up at about 10pm watch a movie or something online and go back to bed.. sometimes i skip lessons in the morning because i am to tired for whatever reason. i just beat myself up about everything, only now i have gotten 3 offers from unis so i have started upping my game .. its almost like now that i have a goal , i am actually more motivated to workk toward it!!..

ReputationRep:
    Hugs for you.
    I take it you're in 6th form? Everyone older that I know says 6th form was way worse than uni or anything else. So don't worry, it can only get better in the future!

Just make sure you're using your time as well as possible and try not to get too stressed.
    If you make a timetable of when you're going to do what it will make it easier to relax during your down-time.
    Try to spend more time with your friends or take up a new hobby. At least work only one of your weekend days.
    Try not to stress too much about coursework - at the end of the day if you hand it in late the world will still keep turning and it really won't matter all that much.

ReputationRep:
    I semi feel like that at the moment, and I've just started uni but the way I see it is, is that when I start working full time, Mon - Fri, 9 - 5, and I have a family??? It's going to be 10 times the amount of energy I feel I haven't got now.
    These sort of situations prepare for you for things like that.
    You need to find your motivation from somewhere.

On the health side of it all. Go to the doctor, they might recommend you take a blood test for lack of iron?

ReputationRep:
    Aaww BabyGirl...:hug:

ReputationRep:
    Sleepwise you need to try getting yourself in a better routine for a start.
    Try, when you get home from school, relaxing for an hour or so. I find Deal or No Deal to be the optimum distraction after school With a snack.
    Then do any work that needs doing, have a small dinner (big dinners can keep you awake longer) and if you're as shattered as you sound like you are, go to bed as early as poss. Going home and sleeping for several hours is a bad routine, and leaves you awake at odd hours.

Workwise can you not give up your job? I know you said you need the money but there must surely be jobs out there that are less demanding. If this isnt an option then just keep battling for that day off every weekend. I did this a few weeks ago when working sat and sun got too much for me. Now I just do the Sunday lunch which suits me really well.
    What is your job anyway?
    How about if you found someone who needed a job and offered them one of your days? Like a jobshare thing. Surely your boss would accept that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deutsch_Beth)
    Sleepwise you need to try getting yourself in a better routine for a start.
    Try, when you get home from school, relaxing for an hour or so. I find Deal or No Deal to be the optimum distraction after school With a snack.
    Then do any work that needs doing, have a small dinner (big dinners can keep you awake longer) and if you're as shattered as you sound like you are, go to bed as early as poss. Going home and sleeping for several hours is a bad routine, and leaves you awake at odd hours.

Workwise can you not give up your job? I know you said you need the money but there must surely be jobs out there that are less demanding. If this isnt an option then just keep battling for that day off every weekend. I did this a few weeks ago when working sat and sun got too much for me. Now I just do the Sunday lunch which suits me really well.
    What is your job anyway?
    How about if you found someone who needed a job and offered them one of your days? Like a jobshare thing. Surely your boss would accept that?
    i always watch deal or no deal when i come in from school :P but then i have a go at myself for not getting straight down to homework and stuff!
    I work in a shop lol.. the job share thing wouldnt really work because i only work sundays sometimes, like all through december, this week and the week after next because of valentines day and ill have to work mothers day too but its usually only saturdays. its just getting to me because working all these sundays atm gives me no time to settle down and do my homework and go out which is getting me down ill do the next few sundays but then ill tell my boss its getting too much for me. I am a saturday girl after all!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.