Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

One of my professor (with 1-2 of his PhD students) is developing, on behalf of another institution (an art investment consulting firm), a valuation model to price coins (bid-ask, not traditional methods) and a financial index that should represent the coins market.
    Few days ago, he asked if any student was interested to join the team for about 3 months (feb-april, so no problem if I eventually manage to get a summer internship offer) and help them in the development phase and then in the marketing phase (market research, pitches, etc..).
    It would actually be something similar to an internship: I would receive a small salary and I wouldn't be able to attend all lectures.

This would be quite useful if I eventually decide to do a PhD (at least for the quite important reference), but what about the "private" sector? Would this be seen as an interesting experience by banks (particularly sales/structuring or AM/WM)? Or is it not worth the "lost" lectures?

any relevant expereince > lectures, just make sure you pass the exams.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.