Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tesco store ban shoppers who wear pyjamas Watch

• View Poll Results: Would you ever wear pyjamas to the shops?
    Yeah I've done it before!
    23.13%
    Haven't done it yet, but I probably will some day.
    23.13%
    Have done before, but never again.
    2.04%
    No not ever!
    51.70%

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, I like to think Brits have enough dignity to properly dress themselves when they leave their house...

but clearly Im in the minority in this....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaykiie)
    My pyjamas are jogging bottoms and a t shirt anyway, so they would never know!!

So rebellious!
    :mmm:
    Stick it to the man! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    i work at a tesco express, and it is not unusual to see shoppers come in in their pjs and bare foot.. but i wouldn't say it's that much of a problem..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    urgh imagine going out without shoes

'lalalala im just off to do my shopping barefoot *walks along* eeewwww i just stood on bird ****/dog ****/spit/glass/a cigarette/insert some other gross thing here'

not to mention you would be dragging all that crap around your house when you got back home

some people are ******* gross
    Haha i know someone who did this and stood in dog **** once, i couldnt stop laughing when they told me but i did think it was one of the most disgusting things iv heard.

ReputationRep:
    I think this tescoes is right next to student accomodation, so that's probably why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire2burn)
    Stick it to the man! :woo:
    Woo

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammythedodger)
    I don't know, I like to think Brits have enough dignity to properly dress themselves when they leave their house...

but clearly Im in the minority in this....
    Yeah and we don't like minorities... I mean clearly the government should sort you out or something, perhaps deportation or an allowance of money to coerce you into leaving?

You come here disrupting our pyjama wearing ways, changing our culture. You have a nerve don't you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    Most criminals wear jeans and trainers :fyi:
    Most people wear jeans and trainers though...

Or I just live in a bad area for crime I suppose :p:

ReputationRep:
    I live right next to a Tesco in my Halls this year... it's really common to see students in PJs. Personally, I'd be pretty ashamed to go out in my PJs, even if it is only a 3 minute walk away. If I get up late at night and need food/stationery (the Tescos is 24 hours) I put on tracksuit bottoms at least... Which I thinks fair enough tbh. I've been out to Tesco in slippers though... But they were Crocs and didn't look like slippers.

Mind you, judging by what some of the girls wear in these halls for a night out; I'd rather see them going to tesco in modest PJs than hotpants and crop tops...

I've seen someone turn up to a lecture in PJs, which was infinitely worse !

ReputationRep:
    I am all for this ban.
    The only people who I ever see wandering about in PJ's are lazy smelly urchins and scumbags.
    I really cannot be doing with the Bone Idle type of person who cannot be bothered to make at least some effort to look semi presentable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Choccielatte)
    :eek:
    Can't wait to start uni this year, sounds awesome ^^

ReputationRep:
    It's the Girls !!

They are ruining it for everyone !!

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I'd be pretty ashamed to go out in my PJs
    (Original post by Choccielatte's profile)
    Interests: ...Exposing Myself to Members of the British Aristocracy (Tally currently is: 1)

ReputationRep:
    I used to do this all the time at uni, that is wear pj bottoms and go shopping, not barefoot, everyone did it, it was unusual to not come across someone in them in the tescos in the student area. Its late I need something from the shop why change?

ReputationRep:
    I see the pyjamas thing all the time in my local shop (not a Tesco, incidentally) - usually women in their late-30s or 40s, who drive down in their Chelsea tractors, double-park outside, wander in drunk, buy a litre of gin and bugger off back home for a pleasant night of borderline-alcoholism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooj)
    It's the Girls !!

They are ruiing it for everyone !!
    lol! Muahaha us women shall ruin the world for you men.
    Today we get rid of going into tescos with PJs tommorow we
    shall steal your kidneys! :mob:

ReputationRep:
    I live right next to a Tesco in my Halls this year... it's really common to see students in PJs. Personally, I'd be pretty ashamed to go out in my PJs, even if it is only a 3 minute walk away. If I get up late at night and need food/stationery (the Tescos is 24 hours) I put on tracksuit bottoms at least... Which I thinks fair enough tbh. I've been out to Tesco in slippers though... But they were Crocs and didn't look like slippers.

Mind you, judging by what some of the girls wear in these halls for a night out; I'd rather see them going to tesco in modest PJs than hotpants and crop tops...

Sicko.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollywoodbudgie)
    lol! Muahaha us women shall ruin the world for you men.
    Today we get rid of going into tescos with PJs tommorow we
    shall steal your kidneys!
    :mob:
    :eek: Flip, that's a bit of an escalation isn't it? Ever considered some moderate steps in between, perhaps a cake sale or a sit down protest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnythingButChardonnay)
    Hahah.... That was an accident at a Concert I sang at.... My top got caught on the column next to me, and I had to sing with my bra on display for the rest of the performance.

It was terrible... The patron was a cousin of the Queen and was sat right in the front row

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluelight)
    I used to do this all the time at uni, that is wear pj bottoms and go shopping, not barefoot, everyone did it, it was unusual to not come across someone in them in the tescos in the student area. Its late I need something from the shop why change?
    Thank you for being a voice of reason :yep:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.