Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Tesco store ban shoppers who wear pyjamas watch

• View Poll Results: Would you ever wear pyjamas to the shops?
    Yeah I've done it before!
    23.13%
    Haven't done it yet, but I probably will some day.
    23.13%
    Have done before, but never again.
    2.04%
    No not ever!
    51.70%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chebanana)
    Sicko.

The ONLY Crocs worth buying. So comfy...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire2burn)
    :eek: Flip, that's a bit of an escalation isn't it? Ever considered some moderate steps in between, perhaps a cake sale or a sit down protest?
    Heh, if you wake up tommorow with a kidney missing, don't say I didn't warn you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Choccielatte)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    :holmes: Wonder what their policy is on dressing gowns...
    Where's Arthur Dent when we need some answers?!

I own clothes why does Tesco need to see what I sleep in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Choccielatte)

Sorry, I just can't get over the tongue of eye-watering fug attached to that unfortunate sheep.

ReputationRep:
    good.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, you should see the state of that Tesco. It's chav central, completely vile, and I don't blame them...

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather not go out at all than go out in pyjamas.

Don't really see the need to ban it though, I'm certainly not offended by people in pyjamas, but I may chuckle at their expense. Surely there's nothing so important to buy that you can't chuck a pair of trousers on beforehand.

ReputationRep:
    I once saw a guy shopping in the Co-op wearing nothing but Speedos, sunglasses, socks and sandals. This was in Croydon, nowhere near the sea.

I did wonder: Why bother committing the fashion crime of socks with sandals when you're already naked anyway? Might as well ditch the socks too.

ReputationRep:
    I've been to Tesco in my pajama bottoms before, but then I live right in the city centre and sometimes you just can't be bothered, and my local Tesco is literally 2 minutes away. I don't think it's a big deal. I hate England.

ReputationRep:
    I once went into my local tesco express in boxers and a dressing gown. Bought a paper and milk, then proceeded to collapse on the floor as though i had fallen asleep.

Immaturity rocks.

ReputationRep:
    Lol this reminds me of the time when I saw a lass in a seriously see-through dress in Tesco.

:sogood:

Oh and back on topic... yes probably should be banned. But it won't be militarily enforced, just sends out the right message.

ReputationRep:
    Urgh I wish Sainsbury's did this. It's right next to Nottingham uni and all the scabby students come in packs adorned in Jack Wills eskimo sleepover crap. Someone hand them a Prada bag and be done with it already :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire2burn)
    How exactly can people be offended at the sight of others wearing pyjama bottoms? :confused:

Am I missing something or is Tesco just using stupid reasoning for its dress code? As long as people aren't naked and flopping their bits over everything people should wear whatever they please in my opinion.

Edit: Added a poll
    In my opinion, wearing a hoodie and jogging bottoms is on the same level as wearing pyjama bottoms and so many people go out in those.

P.S. I wear jogging bottoms to bed so shouldn't they be banned too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paul Bartram)
    More importantly - who goes out without any shoes on? Oh, I've got up, need milk, I'll go to Tesco, CBA to put shoes on??? Wtf?
    More to the point, who goes to tescos and doesn't get dressed beforehand?

ReputationRep:
    So I can't shop naked now?! What is this world coming too...

ReputationRep:
    This is unbelievably jokes. Political correctness gone mad .

ReputationRep:
    surely wearing pyjamas (from your bed) or having no shoes on attracts lots of bacteria which can be bad for a food store or food on sale, it makes sense then dosnt it????

ReputationRep:
    How would one distinguish between PJs and normal clothes? Sometimes PJs just look like regular garments, and sometimes regular garments look like PJs. It seems a silly rule.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.