Turn on thread page Beta

Tesco store ban shoppers who wear pyjamas watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Would you ever wear pyjamas to the shops?
    Yeah I've done it before!
    23.13%
    Haven't done it yet, but I probably will some day.
    23.13%
    Have done before, but never again.
    2.04%
    No not ever!
    51.70%

ReputationRep:
    I think I've found a solution: sleep in your clothes.

ReputationRep:
    Me and my friend thought it would be a brilliant idea to go to Tesco in our pyjamas last month. It was snowing. We got some really strange looks, but I had my jacket on so it just looked like I had crazy fashion sense and liked to wear red tartan shorts with big black boots. I don't see the problem, though. We were in bed, it was like 2am and we fancied some chocolate. No problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BabyGirl92)
    Why would any one want to go shopping in their pjs anyway?

students?

I went to sainsburys in my Pj bottoms yesterday, but with uggs and my hoodie

had no knickers on...but it was 3am and we wanted chocolate

ReputationRep:
    Right, so they might as well ban the Hijab too, because that might offend some people too.

Oh, and low cut tops, that offends some old people.

Oh, and people who wear all black, that offends goth-haters.

Oh, and ... you see my point.

It's the case with everything: where do you draw the line?

ReputationRep:
    Oh no! I have gone to Tesco waaay too many times in my PJs, but I do wear a coat, and shoes so I'm hoping I won't be caught, talked to sternly, and asked to leave the shop. This honestly seems completely stupid to me, I don't see how anyone could be offended by PJs, they cover one up quite modestly! it seems tesco will find it perfectly suitable for slap pers to go around nearly showing off their privates in a mini skirt with their bras popping out of tops. They need to chill! I'll just go to Asda!

ReputationRep:
    Well its the new 'fasion' atm. Women going out in pyjamas and slippers or tucked into uggs and with curlers in thier hair.

When I worked at River Island we had women coming in the middle of the day in pyjamas, walking round town in pyjamas and slippers like it's high fashion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 12ian34)
    Right, so they might as well ban the Hijab too, because that might offend some people too.

Oh, and low cut tops, that offends some old people.

Oh, and people who wear all black, that offends goth-haters.

Oh, and ... you see my point.

It's the case with everything: where do you draw the line?
    Actually... think you've hit on something there - keep a pile of burkas at the shop entrance, put one on as you go in, everyone's modesty is protected.

ReputationRep:
    why don't they ban tracksuits aswell?

it would get rid of a fair number of chavs and consequently potentially lowering the crime rate in the store.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paul Bartram)
    More importantly - who goes out without any shoes on? Oh, I've got up, need milk, I'll go to Tesco, CBA to put shoes on??? Wtf?
    me, and sometimes im so lazy i ask someone to drag me to the shops

ReputationRep:
    I've never seen anyone out in their PJs unless they wear sweatpants and a hoodie which I guess some people do wear :confused: I've never done it either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXx_pUnK_pOp_pRiNcEsS_xXx)
    I've seen many girls, never a man, except...

lol this made me smile!!! XD just brought back a memory :P haha thanks

ReputationRep:
    Well, people do it in my school :O

Mind you, they wear UGGs with pyjama bottoms.

I don't understand how it's offensive though-it's more amusing than anything!

ReputationRep:
    Tesco's need to wake up and smell the coffee tbh.

actually I don't really care. I wouldn't dream of going out in nightwear myself but I'm not offended by anyone who does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cool Cat)
    Tesco's need to wake up and smell the coffee tbh.

actually I don't really care. I wouldn't dream of going out in nightwear myself but I'm not offended by anyone who does.
    i love ur sig

ReputationRep:
    I dont see the difference between wearing a pair of jeans/jogging bottoms and a pair of pj bums apart from the dodgy pictures of sheep and 'sleep time'....and unless anyones going to get offended by that I really dont see the issue. Put a coat on and you look exactly the same as you would if you had changed. I regularly take a trip to tesco in the morn when im hungover/cba in my pj's and never seen anyone bat an eyelid.

Although I will agree the bare foot thing is a step to far....:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Genesis-ar92)
    i love ur sig
    thankies!

ReputationRep:
    i can understand people going shopping in their pj's at night, as long as they not naked then whats the problem, although seeing someone naked would be a bit weird but would have respect for them having the gut to do that,

not wearing anything on the feet surely it would hurt your feet when you walk on the car park surface and must be cold, imagine if they walked in dog doo doo

ReputationRep:
    Pfft it's St Mellons, doesn't surprise me.
    Tempted to have a trip down there tomorrow, see if I can see anyone getting turned away at the door in their pjs :P

Ohh I just listened to the audio clip, how many times is it possible to say like?!

ReputationRep:
    Go naked.. they ask you put clothes on? Say the only clothes you have is Jarmas :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raddi)
    Mind you, they wear UGGs with pyjama bottoms.
    That's completely different, that's the standard rah uniform. :yep:

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.