Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tesco store ban shoppers who wear pyjamas watch

• View Poll Results: Would you ever wear pyjamas to the shops?
    Yeah I've done it before!
    23.13%
    Haven't done it yet, but I probably will some day.
    23.13%
    Have done before, but never again.
    2.04%
    No not ever!
    51.70%

ReputationRep:
    My sister did it once. My dad bet her £40 she wouldnt do it.

He will learn to think before he does that again!

ReputationRep:
    I've been in PJ bottoms before but no one noticed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paul Bartram)
    More importantly - who goes out without any shoes on? Oh, I've got up, need milk, I'll go to Tesco, CBA to put shoes on??? Wtf?
    I sometimes don't wear shoes into places when I have a lift there. Socks are necessary though.

ReputationRep:
    I remember when my brother was younger he didn't have any shoes on as we went to the beach before and he had left them at home and he got told off in Tesco. I think it's probably to do with health and safety.

As for the PJ issue, i don't see the problem, maybe thyeve had some customers in rather revealing nightwear or like short nighty or something- hence why they say its due to not wanting to offend others. But then again surely in general it's no worse than someone tarted up for a night out with hardly anything on!

ReputationRep:
    More importantly - who goes out without any shoes on? Oh, I've got up, need milk, I'll go to Tesco, CBA to put shoes on??? Wtf?
    LOOOOL, ive done that. But it was Soooooo hot that day and my feet couldnt take the heat! lol, Does that mean i'm a freak? lol

ReputationRep:
    Supposedly, one of my teachers went 6 months not wearing shoes in public (hardening of feet for martial arts ). Lots of shops would argue that it was un-hygienic to not wear shoes. He would remind them that while he washed his feet 3 times a day, shoes are never washed.

ReputationRep:
    I often steal Whole roasted ready to go chickens from Tesco.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl2:!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darigan)
    they even relegate the indian counters to the back - your helping me to paint a poor picture of Tesco :p:
    You must work for Asda.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wata)
    I often steal Whole roasted ready to go chickens from Tesco.
    Ashley?

ReputationRep:
    I grew up in America and store policy pretty much everywhere there is "no shirt, no shoes, no business". Enough people must go grocery shopping without shirts and shoes on to make them have this as policy everywhere :confused:

I don't see how wearing pyjamas can be offensive to other customers though. Unless they're wearing sexy lingerie type sleepwear? Or the men are wearing disgusting pyjama bottoms they never watch and have holes in the groin...

ReputationRep:
    The amount of young girls I see wearing pjs but have a full face of make up on... It's a fashion trend but one I don't understand.

ReputationRep:
    I understand the comfort that comes with wearing pyjamas, but I would definitely never wear them in public.

I don’t know, in the area where I live it tends to be the chavilicious sort that shuffle around the supermarket in their ‘jim-jams.’ Nonetheless, it’s a slight improvement on the pink valour tracksuits some of them wear, with phrases like ‘Bling’ or ‘Bootylicious’ plastered on their arses.

I ‘semi-agree’ with something my sister once said: “the only people who wear pyjamas in public places are either chavs or rahs.” Although the Big Lebowski was neither.

For some reason, people who go to lectures in their pyjamas tend to annoy me more. It’s almost as if they want their lecturer and all their classmates to single them out as lazy gits who can’t put a pair of jeans on in the morning. Although, methinks that it's not always due to laziness.

(Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism)
    Most people wear jeans and trainers though...

Or I just live in a bad area for crime I suppose :p:
    Aha perhaps, although i was just being spurious

ReputationRep:
    but how ******* difficult would it be to throw on some jeans instead? really, the simplicity of people amazes me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kamc)
    I grew up in America and store policy pretty much everywhere there is "no shirt, no shoes, no business". Enough people must go grocery shopping without shirts and shoes on to make them have this as policy everywhere :confused:

I don't see how wearing pyjamas can be offensive to other customers though. Unless they're wearing sexy lingerie type sleepwear? Or the men are wearing disgusting pyjama bottoms they never watch and have holes in the groin...
    http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/ hear hear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    Aha perhaps, although i was just being spurious
    That did cross my mind
    After I googled 'spurious'.

ReputationRep:
    its their store and its up to them. personally i am glad, i am sick of seeing these retards walking around at 6pm in them

(Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism)
    Most people wear jeans and trainers though...

Or I just live in a bad area for crime I suppose :p:
    With your massive poetry skills i would expect you to know the word :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    With your massive poetry skills i would expect you to know the word :pierre:
    Haha aint got no poetry skills, those are song lyrics (or was that you being spurious again?) Admittedly I do English but I'm not good at it at all.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.