Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I got rejected by Nottingham today () but I'm not really sure why. The entry requirements were BBB and I achieved 4 B's in my AS's and I'm predicted ABB this year. My personal statement was quite strong and I've had other offers that are AAB and ABB.
    Do you think it's worth e-mailing them asking why they rejected me? I was considering putting it as my firm.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear that. What course was it?

ReputationRep:
    Sure, its always useful to email the uni and asking for feedback on ur application.

ReputationRep:
    Was it a very competative course? Do you know what your reference was like? Possible GCSEs for some courses...

Anyway, I'm sorry you got rejected you still have 4 unis left. And yep there is no harm in asking for feedback

ReputationRep:
    Asking for feedback would be a useful thing for you to do. Do you know whether your references were good?

I would say it's not right to assume you'd get an offer just because your predictions were slightly better then their entrance requirements. They probably got a high number of applicants for your course and needed to make higher offers to keep the number of people under the cap.

ReputationRep:
    I got rejected for medicine at Southampton like 15minutes ago, lol..

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies I'm applying for philosophy btw....I don't know if it's very competitive or not?
    Yeah, we got to see our references before UCAS was sent off and they were good, my philosophy one especially :/

Tetra - It's not that I'd assume I'd get an offer, I'm just wondering why I didn't.

ReputationRep:
    Ask for feedback maybe?

ReputationRep:
    :console:
    Sorry to hear. You can ask for feedback?

ReputationRep:
    THOSE DOUCHE BAGS rejected me too. Because I didn't have 4 a grade gcses.. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orangeszz)
    THOSE DOUCHE BAGS rejected me too. Because I didn't have 4 a grade gcses.. :mad:
    Did they e-mail you or something explaining the rejection? Cos my track just said unsuccessful & nothing else :/

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's because you applied too late. When did you send your UCAS off?
    Because although Unis say that each person has an equal chance, the people who submit theirs first do sometimes have a better chance (some courses were even almost full before the UCAS deadline).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxfire)
    Because although Unis say that each person has an equal chance, the people who submit theirs first do sometimes have a better chance (some courses were even almost full before the UCAS deadline).
    Last week of November

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxfire)
    This is not the case. Unis with far more applicants than they can make offers to delay a lot of decisions until after the deadline has passed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xokatexo)
    Thanks for the replies I'm applying for philosophy btw....I don't know if it's very competitive or not?
    Yeah, we got to see our references before UCAS was sent off and they were good, my philosophy one especially :/

Tetra - It's not that I'd assume I'd get an offer, I'm just wondering why I didn't.
    You're not the only one who has been rejected by nottingham for philosophy (me :awesome: ) .
    Notts is just a really competitive uni, loads of applicants per place.
    Do not take it too hard!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ludwig Wittgenstein)
    You're not the only one who has been rejected by nottingham for philosophy (me :awesome: ) .
    Notts is just a really competitive uni, loads of applicants per place.
    Do not take it too hard!
    Sorry for you and for the OP (Wittgenstein is one cool customer).
    Anyway, the best thing I can suggest is to ask for feedback and that way you'll have some understanding of where it went wrong. Just sometimes your PS doesn't contain what they're looking for or they find even better candidates. It's a bummer, I know. I didn't particularly want to go to Nottingham but I was still a bit gutted when they rejected me. I'm sure other places will realise how good you are. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    sorry 2 hear tha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucible)
    Sorry for you and for the OP (Wittgenstein is one cool customer).
    Anyway, the best thing I can suggest is to ask for feedback and that way you'll have some understanding of where it went wrong. Just sometimes your PS doesn't contain what they're looking for or they find even better candidates. It's a bummer, I know. I didn't particularly want to go to Nottingham but I was still a bit gutted when they rejected me. I'm sure other places will realise how good you are. :yep:
    Looks like you rejected them by the looks of things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xokatexo)
    Did they e-mail you or something explaining the rejection? Cos my track just said unsuccessful & nothing else :/
    nah they dont let you know why unless you send them an email asking why you got rejected,:yep:

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.