Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    He sounds like a homo. What sort of man makes such a show about mould. Dump him, I think he's gay.

ReputationRep:
    use Pencillin to remove him

(Original post by Jelkin)
    Sooo. Why are you with him?
    He has some good qualities, I used to have a lot of fun with him and I enjoyed spending time with him - it's just recently hes been acting like this :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Get rid of him. Any man that's scared of mould is a man not worth being with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lulabell1)
    use Pencillin to remove him
    Penicillin? Why? It doesn't kill mould you know...

ReputationRep:
    He is clearly a snob, you can't have someone who looks down on people with less money to the extent that he actively expresses distaste about his girlfriends house. He clearly thinks it makes him better than you.

ReputationRep:
    yep

ReputationRep:
    Dump him already or does that Cheque Book look too enticing...!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyHistoryStudent)
    Hmmm, you've included a lot of specific details, are you sure that if your BF is on here then he won't realise it's you?
    +1.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bslforever)
    Penicillin? Why? It doesn't kill mould you know...
    :tong:

I have a boyfriend who is richer than me too, but he's not horrible about it at all. I tease him for being posh and joke about how he must be slumming it at uni in a smallish room, and he teases me for being common. It's just a laugh between us.
    He's also very sweet about my house, and he thinks my parents are nice, despite the fact they're "common" too. We've been together 8 months and it's never been an issue for us. If he started acting like your boyfriend, I would definitely call him out on it, and I think you should too.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah he's a snob.
    Besides that, why have you stayed with a boy for 3 years who ***** his pants over a little bit of mould?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi everyone,

Posting anon because I'm not sure if he uses this site.

I'm starting to think my boyfriend is a bit of a snob. We've been going out 3 years and met at uni. He comes from a rich family with a huge house in London. His parents inherited a lot of money from a relative who died so they are quite wealthy. Although I wouldn't consider my family 'poor', we don't have loads of money. We live in a decent house and have a nice lifestyle but we don't have the money to go on a lot of holidays abroad or buy really expensive cars - like my boyfriend's family.

Recently it's becoming more and more obvious that he seems to think he's better than me. Every time he visits my house, he makes a negative comment. There was some wallpaper missing from my hall where my parents were decorating and he make a remark about that. He won't stay at my house because he says it's 'too small' and after having a shower at mine, he went on for ages about how his shower cost thousands of pounds and how people think he 'lives in a mansion'. It made my mum a bit uncomfortable.

Last week, he started going through some stuff in my room and pulled out a picture that was propped up against the wall. As it's an exterior wall, the heat from the house mixes with the cold of the wall and causes a lot of condensation there. There was a bit of mildew/mould-type stuff on the side of the picture and he went crazy about it. He started shouting about mould and how he "couldn't believe he'd touched it" then ran off and washed his hands. I felt so embarrassed because I didn't know about it until then and I've been getting rid of it this week.

Every time I've spoken to him since then, he's mentioned the mould and makes a big deal of it. I'm worried he's spread the rumour around and gossiped about me with his friends and family, as if I'm dirty or something.

I'm starting to not want to see him anymore because of the way he acts. It's like he bases the worth of everything and everyone on money and material things. Do you think he over reacted about the mould? It's made me feel really bad and humiliated and he just won't let it go.
    One of my previous good friends was like your bf now i don't speak to him as much, he lost out not me. :cool: Tell him to p**s off i hate people like him. How can he think he is all that when his family didn't earn there wealth and just inherited it.:rant:

ReputationRep:
    He sounds like an immature idiot. I'd get rid. I'd be absolutely mortified if my boyfriend made any comments about my parents' house, regardless of whether or not it was justified! It's just not polite apart from anything else!

I think you are right to be cross and I would think carefully about your future - he clearly has quite different priorities to you!

ReputationRep:
    Nope.

ReputationRep:
    haha what a ****

ReputationRep:
    He sounds like a complete ****-wit.

Just because you happen to have inherited a bit of cash doesn't make you in any way, shape or form better. Bloody nouveau-riche stuck-up *****.

He's in a relationship with you, not your house, bank balance or parents.

ReputationRep:
    He sounds like an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    To be honest, to me it sounds like he wants to dump you but is too cowardly to do it straight, so he's giving you lots of reasons to do it, while at the same time stroking his ego.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like he's more than a Snob, he's a ****
    It's only a bit of mould FFS!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.