Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    As an avid lego player, i'm just wondering if any of you guys play with lego, what sets were your favourites (johnny thunder anyone?)etc.. Basically tell me of your lego. Did you build or play or both? Did you ever try and rebuild sets according to the instructions and find that half the pieces had dissapeared? Also, did anyone ever do weird things with their lego like paint some pieces gold or carve patterns into them?
    I for one made loads of little robes and cloaks for my lego people and mostly competed with my brother to make the weirdest, most gadget-filled houses we could come up with. The little lifts and laundary shoots (for their wee robes) still fill me with pride at our engineering prowess. If only it could still be as fun....

ReputationRep:
    Being the EMA receiving povo I am, I usually used to get given megablocks, the plastic just wasn't the same.

ReputationRep:
    For me it it didnt matter what set any of the pices were in, it would all end up in one big box at the end of the day.
    I manily built -Headquarters( For the cops AND robbers,), helicopters (fave of mine), and getaway cars (a chase would often ensue, if you were wondering, the bad guys were always cought, but always broke out of the little lego cells by ingeniouse methords)

It really was the best childhood toy, you had to be creative, not like most the stuff my 7yr old sister plays with.

Btw kudos on the grim fandango pic, my fave game and music score ; )

ReputationRep:
    LEGO! :five:
    My favourite one was probably the pirates. The huge ship with full sails was immense :yep:
    Although the sets were never quite as much fun as trying to build un-boxy aeroplanes and ships. Back in the day, I built more ships than the Clyde. Such was my obsession that I perfected roll-on roll-off ferries (with opening bow doors and everything) to accommodate my matchbox cars :tongue:
    Building a decent aeroplane was all but impossible though. It always ended being boxy and would fall apart after 10 minutes.

I hope it's still around for my kids. I can't imagine how boring my childhood would have been without the stuff. Although my parents didn't think so when they would stand on it It really is one of the most painful things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GottaLovePhysics! :))
    For me it it didnt matter what set any of the pices were in, it would all end up in one big box at the end of the day.
    I manily built -Headquarters( For the cops AND robbers,), helicopters (fave of mine), and getaway cars (a chase would often ensue, if you were wondering, the bad guys were always cought, but always broke out of the little lego cells by ingeniouse methords)

It really was the best childhood toy, you had to be creative, not like most the stuff my 7yr old sister plays with.

Btw kudos on the grim fandango pic, my fave game and music score ; )
    hmm i always wondered how boys played lego . Sounds fun but I take it you've never built a lego kitchen. I can honestly say i've never played cops and robbers with my lego. Mine was essentially a DIY dollshouse.
    Kudos on knowing what grim fandango is. It's soo underappreciated.

ReputationRep:
    I love the stuff. I loved all the girly houses, although when I went to my Nan's she had Dudgeon lego with ghosts and things.
    I still play with it now, I really want the Eiffel Tower set!

ReputationRep:
    Whenever I went top my grans she had a wee box of Lego that used to be my dad's. And I built a house, everytime... I was obviously never very creative :/

ReputationRep:
    I played with the Harry Potter Lego. My brother had the space stuff that got passed on to me too. I loved it. I think my favourite was possibly gringotts. I remember making a fireplace and being really proud of it also.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oodalallyoodalally)
    hmm i always wondered how boys played lego . Sounds fun but I take it you've never built a lego kitchen. I can honestly say i've never played cops and robbers with my lego. Mine was essentially a DIY dollshouse.
    Kudos on knowing what grim fandango is. It's soo underappreciated.
    Yea, you could proberly guess boys need to turn lego into something violent haha :P
    And fwi i have build a lego kitchen, it just happend to be very small and on a massive "skyscraper" I built with my dad when I was, ohh, 10 maby? Something like that.

Its a great game, and the music is just classic! ive tried to get my friends to play it but they take one look at the graphics and say no haha.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.