Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    In terms of the "resit field" does it just want us to tick that box if we have ever resat any exam within the subject? As I achieved a B in GCSE Maths but resat it in College and achieved an A*. So would I enter A* and tick the "resit box"? Also does anyone know how negatively PWC will view your application knowing that you've resat some exams.

Also in terms of "Advanced Levels" do they just want us to enter in our A2 results? Or do they want our overall grade? Also again in regards to the resit box do I tick it if I've resat an exam at any point in the course during A/S and A2 stages? Because I resat 1 paper in my first year of A/S History.

Finally in terms of University do they place a great deal of importance of what you get in your 1st year? Or do they focus more on your final degree class? Because in my 1st year I just scraped by on a 2:1 but my first year doesn't count towards to my degree class, so I'm hoping I'll still get a 1st.

Any knowledge advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Yes you tick the box - not sure if it will affect their view but they might ask why you did it etc.

They want the overall grade for A Level if you did AS and A2 and just the AS if you only did AS - yes you need to tick it

As long as the 2nd/3rd year is ok it shouldn't matter

ReputationRep:
    Didn't this close around a month ago?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Didn't this close around a month ago?
    Consulting - Strategy has closed however theres still many places open in Management Consulting.

Financial Advisory - Vaulations has closed but there are still quite a lot of places open in Forensics.

Tax - Most places still open

Assurance - Same as Tax.

Actuaries - Same as Tax.

This is just for PWC though, don't know about the other 3 big 4 firms.

ReputationRep:
    yes you need to tick them all and I wouldn't worry about what they may think. I'd only be concerned if every box was ticked in which case it would look like you tend to fail exams first time round! after all, it isn't like you completely failed and then retook anyway, you were just improving your grade

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.