How to Select a Uni for Law When Transferring? Watch

StudentofKnowledge
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I may be transferring from London to the Midlands in the upcoming year and so I need to know how to select a uni, apart from based on grades.

I currently do Tort, Public and Contract and after looking at Birmingham University's list of subjects, I feel a bit scared of selecting a university.

I am not sure what field I want to go on to so that doesn't help but any help here? :o:
CHILLIN-DRAGON
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by StudentofKnowledge)
I may be transferring from London to the Midlands in the upcoming year and so I need to know how to select a uni, apart from based on grades.

I currently do Tort, Public and Contract and after looking at Birmingham University's list of subjects, I feel a bit scared of selecting a university.

I am not sure what field I want to go on to so that doesn't help but any help here? :o:
um if your still doing law, check the uni sites as each say which field they will guide you towards. it al depends because league tables say one thing, employers say another.

birmingham is avery good uni and so is staffordshire, the latter is great because they give loads of subjects to combine with law.

keele is also very good.

birmingham city is easier to get into but im not sure how good it is.

many guide you in a general direction, and you have to decide in your final year what your career might wanna be
jjarvis
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by StudentofKnowledge)

Are you sure you can transfer to Birmingham? A lot of law degrees won't allow students to enter mid-stream.

Edit: Apparently you can't:
I’ve already started a law degree elsewhere. Can I transfer to Birmingham?

We do not accept transfers into the School from any other Law programme .
http://www.law.bham.ac.uk/prospectus/ug/FAQ.shtml

Sorry mate.
loulapops
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
how late can you transfer just out of interest?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
28.89%
No - I got the required grades (105)
58.33%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
12.78%

Watched Threads