Turn on thread page Beta

people think i'm weird for doing this, its so addictive! the small chrunchy ones..does anyone feel the same way about ice?

i also get cravings for ice sometimes!
    please tell me there are people on here that do the same??
    anyone? i know that it causes damage to my teeth but i actually cant help it.

p.s the ice you get from subway and Nandos are so nice!

ReputationRep:
    that is rather random!! but I know it can be a sign of being aenemic.

ReputationRep:
    I really enjoy chewing ice. Is it really that bad for your teeth?

ReputationRep:
    My mother does the same thing. The cravings started when she got pregnant. Maybe your pregnant.

ReputationRep:
    I eat ice... mainly when I'm out and theres only ice left in the glass... Especially during summer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    people think i'm weird for doing this, its so addictive! the small chrunchy ones..does anyone feel the same way about ice?

YES! I love it! But why are you anonymous? All my friends know I do it, and if they're getting me a drink, they know to ask for extra ice.

A Subway opened really near my school (hmm wonder why?) and I used to go there for lunch a lot while in sixth form, always using something from one of their voucher books (Slovenian worker there hated me for it), but I always had a drink. Same situation with Nando's!

I used to fill up the cup about half to three quarters with those nice whitish small ice cubes and then the rest with coke, friends ridiculed me saying "you're paying for the ice you know" to which I replied "I'd happily pay double for this amount of ice".

Truly amazing, and apparently it's good for you, not sure how? Can't be bothered to Google it.

There's always a fresh stock of ice in my freezer, but we're getting a new kitchen with a fridge that has an ice cube maker...

with CRUSHED ice AND CUBED ice!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I carnt eat ice!! It goes through me!

I eat stupid things like plain butter, and gravy granuals though!

ReputationRep:

Ohmygosh I'm exactly the same! Nandos ice especially! I get glasses of ice with a teeny bit of drink in rather than the other way round :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    These two analyses appear to be somewhat contradictory.
    I was kidding. Apparently it is linked to anaemia, at least I had an anemic friend who was obssessively eating ice.

ReputationRep:

just to let you know this shows a vitamin deficiency, I think its B but I could be wrong hope that clears up the thing about cravings I also love doing it

ReputationRep:
    yeah i do this ALL the time especially when im in the cinema i prefer to eat that than eat popcorn, it drives my friends crazy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paul Bartram)
    I carnt eat ice!! It goes through me!

I eat stupid things like plain butter, and gravy granuals though!

i do that lol

i do eat ice aswell, not a lot though as i have sensitive teeth

ReputationRep:
    Eating ice is a sign of anaemia, same with the plaster thing. This also goes for chalk cravings apparently.

ReputationRep:

Yessss! Finally someone I can relate to
    I'm addicted to eating ice. I have to eat it every single day...but it needs to be like a cloudy sort of cube...not a clear one..as the cloudy white ones are more easier to chew and more yummy. I know I sound like a freak there heh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 12ian34)
    YES! I love it! But why are you anonymous? All my friends know I do it, and if they're getting me a drink, they know to ask for extra ice.

A Subway opened really near my school (hmm wonder why?) and I used to go there for lunch a lot while in sixth form, always using something from one of their voucher books (Slovenian worker there hated me for it), but I always had a drink. Same situation with Nando's!

I used to fill up the cup about half to three quarters with those nice whitish small ice cubes and then the rest with coke, friends ridiculed me saying "you're paying for the ice you know" to which I replied "I'd happily pay double for this amount of ice".

Truly amazing, and apparently it's good for you, not sure how? Can't be bothered to Google it.

There's always a fresh stock of ice in my freezer, but we're getting a new kitchen with a fridge that has an ice cube maker...

with CRUSHED ice AND CUBED ice!!!!!
    OKK PHEW! i was anon cause i felt that people think i'm a bit strange..

"I used to fill up the cup about half to three quarters with those nice whitish small ice cubes and then the rest with coke, friends ridiculed me saying "you're paying for the ice you know" to which I replied "I'd happily pay double for this amount of ice".

ME TOO..i always do that when i go out..i cant resist not geting it...and pay for it ! people are like huh? Its so crunchy and always pick out the really cloudy ones! they r tth emost crunchy ones! HMMMM might jus go and put some in the freezer..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hupper12345)
    OKK PHEW! i was anon cause i felt that people think i'm a bit strange..

"I used to fill up the cup about half to three quarters with those nice whitish small ice cubes and then the rest with coke, friends ridiculed me saying "you're paying for the ice you know" to which I replied "I'd happily pay double for this amount of ice".

ME TOO..i always do that when i go out..i cant resist not geting it...and pay for it ! people are like huh? Its so crunchy and always pick out the really cloudy ones! they r tth emost crunchy ones! HMMMM might jus go and put some in the freezer..
    I always do it
    But I hate it when i'm half way through my drink and fancy an ice cube, and i'm trying to get one but its on the other side of the glass, so I turn the glass around and then it floats to the other side :/

Or when I want an ice cube but the stupid drink stop it from going in my mouth, then I end up looking realllly weird with the people i'm with :yep:

ReputationRep:
    friggin love ice

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.