Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Sometime i got confused when i think that every religion say that you should change your religion and come to me.I am perfect.
    But i see that this is very difficult for people to change their religion.What do you say people?
    Reply that i will share my opinion?

ReputationRep:
    this doesn't make sense

...yes?

ReputationRep:
    I think it is as simple as choosing another imaginary friend.

ReputationRep:
    It's easier than swapping your underpants, sir.

ReputationRep:
    The fact that religious debates are never resolved more or less proves that it is very difficult to change someone's religious beliefs.

ReputationRep:
    If you truly believe that your religion really is the truth - then you would find it very difficult to change - you couldn't just do it if someone asked you nicely. You'd have to be given proof that your religion was false and the other religion was correct.
    But if you do, as many people do, only pay lip-service to a religion - if you go to religious services once a week only to sooth your conscience - then it is very easy to jump religions - after all - what difference has one religion to another if you don't really believe them?

ReputationRep:
    I've never understood this. Isn't abandoning your chosen God for another one of the worst religious offenses you can commit?

ReputationRep:
    Changing to Islam is probably has the biggest impact on yourself and surroundings since it's rules and conducts are very rigid. Changing to other religions like Christianity are easier and more ''relaxed''

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olli!)
    If you truly believe that your religion really is the truth - then you would find it very difficult to change - you couldn't just do it if someone asked you nicely. You'd have to be given proof that your religion was false and the other religion was correct.
    But if you do, as many people do, only pay lip-service to a religion - if you go to religious services once a week only to sooth your conscience - then it is very easy to jump religions - after all - what difference has one religion to another if you don't really believe them?
    If you see in any country like we take example of Saudi Arabia.There is research shows that only less than 300 hundred people change their religion annually.It shows that it is very rare for someone to change religion.we if we see in London how many people try to understand other religion than their own.very few but i am worry bcoz why every religion is focusing on that you should change religion.I think its unfair with the people because people are the slaves of the societies they can not change religion in an existing environment.Because people will laugh at them who change religion and hate them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charzhino)
    Changing to Islam is probably has the biggest impact on yourself and surroundings since it's rules and conducts are very rigid. Changing to other religions like Christianity are easier and more ''relaxed''
    Not really. Judaism is more "rigid" than Islam; for example, you have to wait several hours to eat meat after you've eaten dairy and vice versa, and you need to have separate cutlery for each.
    I'd say Christianity isn't THAT much more relaxed than Islam. Yes, Christians don't have to pray 5 times a day, but a majority of the rules are similar to Islam; for example, Christians give something up for lent for a certain amount of days, Muslims fast for 30 days, Christians can't eat pork or get drunk, Muslims can't eat pork either but they can't drink any alcohol at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mona Lisa)
    Not really. Judaism is more "rigid" than Islam; for example, you have to wait several hours to eat meat after you've eaten dairy and vice versa, and you need to have separate cutlery for each.
    I'd say Christianity isn't THAT much more relaxed than Islam. Yes, Christians don't have to pray 5 times a day, but a majority of the rules are similar to Islam; for example, Christians give something up for lent for a certain amount of days, Muslims fast for 30 days, Christians can't eat pork or get drunk, Muslims can't eat pork either but they can't drink any alcohol at all.
    Ah, but we Christians have confession

ReputationRep:
    Depends on if you're religious in the first place?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lookitsdanhunt)
    I think it is as simple as choosing another imaginary friend.
    how can you say its simple.Id its simple than why in sauidi Arbia only less than 300 hundered people change their religion
    In last 20 years only 34000 people have change their religion to Islam.
    Only 34000

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mona Lisa)
    Christians can't eat pork or get drunk
    There is flexibility in this. See: Ireland.

ReputationRep:

That's not always true. Often changing away from Islam, to say Christianity, or Judaism, or whatever - can have a massive effect on your life. I have friends who were kicked out of their families when they converted to Christianity from Islam.
    However it's probably true that changing to Islam as opposed to the others has the biggest effect for a person in a developed country - because disowning your children because of their religious views would not be looked on too kindly in this part of the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGate212)
    how can you say its simple.Id its simple than why in sauidi Arbia only less than 300 hundered people change their religion
    Only 34000
    In regards to my previous post: /sarcasm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olli!)
    He is exactly right

ReputationRep:
    For me to convert to Islam was easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a.posteriori)
    Ah, but we Christians have confession
    Lol, and ah but we Muslims have the chance to ask for forgiveness 5 times a day through prayer, and pilgrimage which is one big forgiveness party

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGate212)
    Only 34000
    No. 34000 Americans converted to Islam following the events of 9/11.

http://www.riseofislam.com/islam_in_america_02.html
    http://www.therevival.co.uk/wp-site/276

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.