Turn on thread page Beta

Is it easy to change religion for someone? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Srxjer)
    Care to expand a little?

A child could have written the 'science' in the Qur'an.

The real science came from the Ancient Greeks almost a thousand years before the Qur'an was even written.

Ever wondered why these 'scientific' claims have only been around since the 70's? It's because of a man called Maurice Bucaille saw a money-making opportunity and claimed that there was science in the verses of the Qur'an. It's now an industry.
    Sorry misread.

ReputationRep:
    It is extremely hard to , it takes something to absolutely shake the foundations of your faith, or to see something in another faith that makes a deep intrinsic sense and connection to you .Often the temptation is there and can be absolutely Crushing to a person

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d123)
    No. The food laws applied to the Jewish people. In the New Testament it just says they don't apply to Christians. It's not a contradiction.
    It is a contradiction because one part of the bible says don't eat pork, and another part says it's ok to eat pork.

Ever thought that maybe, just maybe YOU don't know what the hell you're talking about. :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mona Lisa)
    It is a contradiction because one part of the bible says don't eat pork, and another part says it's ok to eat pork.

Ever thought that maybe, just maybe YOU don't know what the hell you're talking about. :facepalm:
    It's not a contradiction. The first command was given to the Jews. The second to the Christians.

Even if it was, I don't appreciate people telling me about my faith. I believe in what I believe in; what you think about that has nothing to do with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d123)
    It's not a contradiction. The first command was given to the Jews. The second to the Christians.

Even if it was, I don't appreciate people telling me about my faith. I believe in what I believe in; what you think about that has nothing to do with it.
    The second commandment, basically what's in the new testament, was said by St Paul. Now, the religion is called christianity which leads me and most probably others to believe that you follow Jesus Christ, not Paul.

But Jesus did says according to Matthew 5:17-20, “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law ".
    Jesus then went on in that passage verse 19 to denounce anyone who breaks the commandments. He also praised his followers who will practice and teach even the commandments. One of the commandments is to stay away from pork.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Labayu)
    Kinda helps that it's pretty much illegal to convert FROM Islam to any other religion in Saudi and can result in the seperation of your head from your body :eek:
    See this link you will find the truth.

http://www.minhaj.org/english/tid/36...man-Rights.htm

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.