Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so I'm just in the process of putting together my ucas application for a second year transfer (I know its past the actual deadline, but they told me not to worry as its more flexible for transfers!). BUt there's just one thing on the form i'm unsure about:

In the education section, when you list your schools/colleges and qualifications, I've put in my university name and when I'll be leaving, but what qualification will I be getting at the end of this first year? Or will I get none?

I'm on track for passing with a 2.1 this first year, but I dont know if the first year would be listed as a qualification such as a certificate of education, or if I won't get anything as I'll be continuing my second and third year elsewhere?

Very confused, so any help is welcome, and if I haven't been very clear just tell me and I'll try to reword it.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Bump...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Bumping 4 times in 2 hours just shows you don't know how a forum works.

ReputationRep:
    Why not just put it in your personal statement? Or contact UCAS and ask them where's best to put it?

ReputationRep:
    Well, no, I'm not very sure how it works. But I was hoping somebody might notice and help me as I am trying to get it all sent off in the next few days and the ucas phone people are being no real help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JellyBean123)
    Well, no, I'm not very sure how it works. But I was hoping somebody might notice and help me as I am trying to get it all sent off in the next few days and the ucas phone people are being no real help.
    UCAS WILL help you, because you're not going to have been the only person to have ever done this. I was doing it myself, but I just put it in my personal statement instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychocustard)
    UCAS WILL help you, because you're not going to have been the only person to have ever done this. I was doing it myself, but I just put it in my personal statement instead.

I know to put in my statement that Im transferring (if thats what you mean), but what I wanted to know was will I get some kind of qualification at the end of my first year that I need to declare on my ucas form as pending? Or do you not get anything, as it's not like Im leaving university all together, just moving.

ReputationRep:
    I know to put in my statement that Im transferring (if thats what you mean), but what I wanted to know was will I get some kind of qualification at the end of my first year that I need to declare on my ucas form as pending? Or do you not get anything, as it's not like Im leaving university all together, just moving.
    No, you wouldn't get anything for the first year, as far as I'm aware. I wasn't told I would be getting anything when I asked my tutor about it, so no, you have no qualifications to declare.

ReputationRep:
    No, you wouldn't get anything for the first year, as far as I'm aware. I wasn't told I would be getting anything when I asked my tutor about it, so no, you have no qualifications to declare.
    Okay, thank you! Also, do I need to list my University at all in the education section, or just put it in the personal statement?

ReputationRep:
    Okay, thank you! Also, do I need to list my University at all in the education section, or just put it in the personal statement?
    I put it in the education section

ReputationRep:
    I put it in the education section
    So when it asks 'do you/will you have any qualifications from this institution' do I just select no? And should I just put my finishing date as June 2010? Sorry if it seems an obvious question, I just dont want to get anything wrong on the form!

ReputationRep:
    So when it asks 'do you/will you have any qualifications from this institution' do I just select no? And should I just put my finishing date as June 2010? Sorry if it seems an obvious question, I just dont want to get anything wrong on the form!
    Yup, do that, and then explain more in your personal statement, that's the important bit.

ReputationRep:
    Yup, do that, and then explain more in your personal statement, that's the important bit.
    Okay, thank you very much!

ReputationRep:
    Oh another thing! I resat two English A2 modules in 2009 (summer) to get my grade up from C to B. Should I say I put in the qualifications bit that I got a C in 2008 and then a B in 2009, or just leave out the C bit? Just a little confused as I actually now have two certificates telling me I have two different grades in A Level english....

ReputationRep:
    Oh another thing! I resat two English A2 modules in 2009 (summer) to get my grade up from C to B. Should I say I put in the qualifications bit that I got a C in 2008 and then a B in 2009, or just leave out the C bit? Just a little confused as I actually now have two certificates telling me I have two different grades in A Level english....
    Just put the higher, more recent one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    Just put the higher, more recent one
    Thank you!

So I should put the date that I got it as 2009 rather than 2008? Again, sorry if I am asking the obvious, just want to be sure!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!

So I should put the date that I got it as 2009 rather than 2008? Again, sorry if I am asking the obvious, just want to be sure!
    correct.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.