Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Repressor)
    My personal favourite was:

"It is the best browsing experience you have ever had"
    He's obviously never used Lynx. :cool:

If you really want to use a tablet for design, the Lenovo x### series with the touch sensitive screens seem pretty cool.
    Yeah command line based web browsing ftw!

(Original post by secretmessages)
    It so happens that Flash is still used by >75% of online games sites, and >75% of video sharing websites, amongst others. It's not a case of it "being crap" or not, it's a case of Apple not providing useful functionality that many people will want :dontknow:
    They want you to buy games off the app store, not play free flash games online!

The Ipad's success will depend on the apps developed for it. I wouldn't be surprised if a version of ilife for the Ipad will emerge. We may see more desktop clas apps appearing, Microsoft word on the ipad anyone?

It will multi-task to an extent, apple apps will, so you could listen to your music and type on pages for example. Its 3rd party apps that you can't multi task with so far.

Recent reports from developers looking at the SDK suggest there is scope there for voicecalls/sms, and video conferencing built into the software, a webcam on the front is a genuine possibility for rev B. One glaring admission imo is a usb port/sd card slot. You can't always rely on a wifi connection if you want to transfer files. But then adding a usb port would mean people would buy the basic 16gb version and buy a 64gb+ flash drive than buying the premium ipad 32/64gb models.

It will take time to see how it will be but I'm optimistic. I think when people get their hands on one and try it out people will be suprised. if netbooks showed the market anything is that people only use a fraction of the computing power of their computers/laptops with simple tasks which the ipad could excel at.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2010
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.