Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I already have a degree from when I lived in the USA, but I want to get back to Uni to study a degree in Accounting. I applied at University of Manchester, but I get an email from then saying that because I already have a degree if accepted they would want me to pay international student rates at £14,000+ per year, which Im not going to do because I dont have brain damage. I was not aware of this policy before I applied, and Im wondering is there anyway to change my UCAS application and apply to a different place instead of Manchester? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I might be wrong here but I think you have to have been a UK resident for three years to be charged the normal fee rate (so changing uni wouldn't change the situation).

ReputationRep:
    no, you misunderstand. ive been in the UK for 5 years. they are wanting to charge me international rates because i already have a degree.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure you get charged more wherever you go for a second degree, as the government won't supplement the fees. Why don't you try ringing other unis to ask for advice? Or even ring Manchester to ask them?

ReputationRep:
    ive already looked into it and it is not the case at all universities. can i change my UCAS course options? does anyone know.

Depends- if you sent your application within the last 14 days, you can. But don't forget, the official ucas deadline passed last friday, so if you were to chance uni choice, the new uni that receives your application won't be very happy :|

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, unless your application was made in the last 14 days then you cannot change your university choices, although you can add universities if you have not made all 5 choices.

ReputationRep:
    14 days is the cut off, after which time you cannot substitute courses.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.