Turn on thread page Beta

Sutton Trust Uni Choices watch

ReputationRep:
    I have four choices as to which uni's to attend for a week during the summer. How would you rate these uni's in term of how good the area is, how good it looks on an application and how good the uni overall is.

Here are the choices:
    Bristol
    Cambridge
    Nottingham
    ST Andrews

i was thinking about going to Nottingham what do you guys think

ReputationRep:
    I may be wrong, but with Sutton Trust I thought you could only apply to Cambridge, Nottingham and Bristol if you live in England and St Andrews if you're in Scotland?

Anyway though, they are all very good universities. They don't all cover the same subjects for their summer schools though- I'd choose the one which offers the most relevant course for whatever you're thinking of doing at uni, since they are all very good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLeader)
    I have four choices as to which uni's to attend for a week during the summer. How would you rate these uni's in term of how good the area is, how good it looks on an application and how good the uni overall is.

Here are the choices:
    Bristol
    Cambridge
    Nottingham
    ST Andrews

i was thinking about going to Nottingham what do you guys think
    Tbh it doesnt really matter which uni you go for as its about the experience, not the name as far as the Sutton Trust is concerned. I.e. going to Cambridge wouldn't give an advantage over Nottingham.
    I would agree with the previous poster that St Andrews is meant for Scottish students. (I'm pretty sure they get priority).

If Nottingham do you course, then I'd say apply for it.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.