Hip Pain in training yesterday Watch

Subcutaneous
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I was going to do some CV training at the gym yesterday, however about 10 minutes into a run, my hip started playing up, it'd been funny all day however I suspect I may have damaged a back muscle. I stopped what I was doing and decided to just do some upper body work, on the arms and only spent half of what I would usually spend in the gym.

I want to go back today, and am desperate to get back into it, however my hip has still been funny all day. I dont want to push myself too much in that I make it worse, any suggestions of what I can do? Maybe some stretches that may help relieve it? I've got some ibugel and pain relief to take before hand also
cowsforsale
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
physio?
Subcutaneous
Rep:
?
(Original post by cowsforsale)
physio?

too expensive and not worth it for pulling a silly back muscle
burningnun
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Take time off running and do other things. Any other things. Running is the worst thing you can do for your joints that doesn't involve a faulty parachute.
ch0c0h01ic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Rest *caps*
Subcutaneous
Rep:
?
(Original post by burningnun)
Take time off running and do other things. Any other things. Running is the worst thing you can do for your joints that doesn't involve a faulty parachute.

Well I may go for a swim, but i'm getting withdrawal symptoms almost, and swimming doesn't really do it for me! I tried doing the cross trainer and bike too and the same thing happened
obviouslystudying
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by burningnun)
so what do you suggest? Will joints and bones heal on its own if its given rest?
burningnun
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I don't know anything except running is bad.
cowsforsale
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
if you think you pulled a muscle, put some ice on it then heat. .. i think is the order...or maybe other way around
korektphool
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Just rest and it'll get better if it's minor. Next time do dynamic stretching for getting warmed up before lifting weights/intense cardio.
Subcutaneous
Rep:
?
(Original post by korektphool)
Just rest and it'll get better if it's minor. Next time do dynamic stretching for getting warmed up before lifting weights/intense cardio.

which is?

Ive decided to leave it for tonight, go the pool tomorrow morning and see how the pain is then in my hip/back and if its ok hit the gym in the evening
ch0c0h01ic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Subcutaneous)
which is?

Ive decided to leave it for tonight, go the pool tomorrow morning and see how the pain is then in my hip/back and if its ok hit the gym in the evening
If you've strained a muscle it's going to take a little longer than 24 hours.
Subcutaneous
Rep:
?
(Original post by ch0c0h01ic)
If you've strained a muscle it's going to take a little longer than 24 hours.

I did reckon i did it on tuesday night, it's been wearing off all day but i dont want to push it more atm as it IS still there, just not as bad
korektphool
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Subcutaneous)
which is?

Listen to Chocoholic.

But just in my personal experience, when I've strained a muscle in my legs for example, I go and do lighter weight squats, struggling through the pain. It seems to 'un-strain' the muscle for me. I would not recommend doing this, however.
Subcutaneous
Rep:
?
(Original post by korektphool)
Listen to Chocoholic.

But just in my personal experience, when I've strained a muscle in my legs for example, I go and do lighter weight squats, struggling through the pain. It seems to 'un-strain' the muscle for me. I would not recommend doing this, however.

Well I have the motto, if it hurts- stop and it has worked for me, hence why i stopped yesterday when on treadmill, it just hurt. It's not been as bad day, and i've only noticed it when I ran up a flight of stairs (was late for uni) and when bending down, so i'm going to do some gentle excercise tomorrow..see how I feel, hopefully it should have calmed down and attempt maybe not a run on the treadmill but a fast walk?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have any savings?

Yes (70)
75.27%
No (23)
24.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed