Turn on thread page Beta

Don't you think women should get 2 days time off a month for periods? watch

ReputationRep:
    If women get time- off for period pains men should get breaks whenever we get an unwanted erecton.

Seriously, those things hurt whilst wearing jeans..

ReputationRep:
    But you get weekends?

It's a nice idea,but not a good one.
    Your situation is also extreme-the worst I get are crazy moodswings.:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucyyy)
    Pfft, no. Man up. Drown yourself in pills. Tape a hot water bottle to your body. There's always a solution :holmes:
    Different people cope better with different things, most girls I ve seen scream at the sight of a spider, I love to hold them does that mean I should tell them to man up?

The thing is I'l usually feel ok before I set out then when Im out the cramps suddenly start so its like a gamble whether to head out or stay at home but from what i experience (or my lack of ability/courage to cope with it) its just not worth the risk setting out. If there is a pill (not that contraception stuff) that will guarantee no/very low pain then fine I'l be glad but I don't think there will be.. Maybe Im wrong I don't know guess I'l have to try them.

ReputationRep:
    That would be ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    No! giving women 2 days off a month will just be another reason for employers to choose not to hire women. Its why i think maternity leave should be assigned to either parent (up to the couple), not automaticaly the women (obviously would get statutary 2 weeks which is normal for paternity)

ReputationRep:
    May I just say, this may not work for some people but has anyone tried a progesterone based contraceptive like the implant/injection/pill (well some of them are). From what I've heard after the month or so it takes to settle most people get no period or very light ones. I'm one of those none types and during my previously week long heavy period I would get mild stomach cramps on the first day and I get nothing now, it's like awesome!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jordan200888)
    wouldnt this be a step backwards for women wanting to be treated as equally as men.....? you want to be on the same level but now you want time off for 'women issues'....why dont you use your time off to cook, clean and shop like all women should (that last part was sarcasm by the way)

sorry, if women want to be taken seriously they should button up and get on with it....
    women get maternity leave anyway don't they its just seen as a normal female issue.. well I don't want kids Id rather have that time off for my periods instead.

ReputationRep:
    1/ Only if you are not paid for it
    2/ take two days off and pay for it by removing two days off your holiday.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think that because women get days off, men should too? I'm obviously saying this so I can go to the pub more often, but I'm also saying this so I don't have to put up with the endless "it's not fair", "inequality!", etc arguments that will go on for years afterwards.

Of course, if guys get time off for nothing then women will want more time off (also for nothing, rather than because "i can has blood lolz").

So really the whole idea is rather controversial.

So basically, in answer to your question; no.

Yes, I would love more time at the pub. But at the expense of more feminazis screaming about even more inequality (despite the fact they can have their monthly bleed in peace rather than at the office), it's not worth it.
    Plus I don't work anyway. :p:

But when I do get a job, I still wouldn't trade the pub for screaming women (unless they're screaming my name in ecstasy, of course ).

ReputationRep:
    Two options:
    1) Both women and men get two days off a month. Sometimes guys just need to play COD for 48 hours without stopping. Its just a man thing.
    2) Get on with life, if its that bad that you are in pain, do what you normally do when pain occurs, SEE A DOCTOR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    what i think is you should man the **** up, its a period, its not like you are terminally ill :rolleyes:

you get cold/flu several times a year? really? if so then you must be doing something wrong, i had a cold a few weeks ago and till then i hadnt had a cold/flu for 5 years, even my sister who always picks up germs only has about 3 colds a year so how you get 'several' colds/flus during the year i never know, i call bull **** either that or stop kissing people who have germs

welcome to the real world, like i say man up and get on with it 99% of women go through periods, deal with it! no way in hell should women be allowed 2 days off a month (and before you say yes i am female and yes i have had bad periods, granted not to the point where i was fainting but i just got on with it, thats what women do, my friend was like you and she would faint with hers, did she moan like a ***** HELL NO she got her ass to the docs and said sort this out and guess what he did

if you arnt willing to try and sort it out then seriously shut the hell up moaning about it, the pill can work wonders for periods (granted it doesnt work for everyone but there are other things you can do) but you seem to be the type of person that doesnt want to do anything and just wants to sit and moan about it while being lazy oh and where does it say in nature that a woman should rest during her period, like i say you arnt ill or dying its a period!

so to sum up either man up and accept that it happens and get help for it or shut the hell up moaning
    It's a monumental moment tinks. I'm going to hundred and twenty percent agree with you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Genesis-ar92)
    :eek: wtf I never knew this? I am confused:confused:
    The form of contraception I use (does the same thing as the pill, but it's just an injection every three months instead). It's not like a natural biological perk unfortunately! I can't think of any natural reasons for women not menstruating apart from anorexia/infertility.

Even when I did have periods I never wanted/needed 2 days off a month for them either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    I doubt most women have their periods as bad as yours sweetheart x
    Guess again... mine are just as bad, if not worse. I threw up last time, because it got so bad.

ReputationRep:
    yeah go see a doctor... it shouldn't be that bad
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by alio~)
    Different people cope better with different things, most girls I ve seen scream at the sight of a spider, I love to hold them does that mean I should tell them to man up?

The thing is I'l usually feel ok before I set out then when Im out the cramps suddenly start so its like a gamble whether to head out or stay at home but from what i experience (or my lack of ability/courage to cope with it) its just not worth the risk setting out. If there is a pill (not that contraception stuff) that will guarantee no/very low pain then fine I'l be glad but I don't think there will be.. Maybe Im wrong I don't know guess I'l have to try them.
    Oh hun, I do feel for you. When I was a teenager, I had excruciating periods and got migraines and vomiting alongside the pain. I was on some kind of medication for the period pain, and another kind for the migraines, but the migraine meds used to pretty much knock me out cold so I'd be out of school for a day conked out in bed. I also got quite anaemic because of it from time to time. No fun at all.

I'm so glad I grew out of the migraines and nausea, but I still got long, heavy and painful periods until I went on the pill. I was a bit sceptical about going on it, but as my doctor put it, your periods are controlled by hormones so the best way to make them any better is to take hormonal medication (that or have a hysterectomy - no ta). Turns out my scepticism was well founded at first - the first pill I was on brought back my migraines and made me horribly moody. I didn't give up though, and tried another pill. I haven't looked back since. My periods are much much lighter and less painful. If I'm going on holiday or have a special occasion that I don't want a period for, I have the option to just run my pack on for a month. My monthly skin break-out isn't as bad as it used to be. I don't feel like crap or have to curl up in pain for two or three days a month. I know it's a cheesy thing to say, but the quality of my life during my period has improved so much since I've been on the pill.

I guess I'm trying to say don't just dismiss the pill to avoid "messing with nature"; you'd never take any medication or have vaccinations if you were true to that! Give the pill some serious thought. I don't mean to scare you, but I'd also ask your doctor to look into your pain a bit further as it does sound serious and might be endometriosis (sp?) or polycystic ovaries.

ReputationRep:
    As long as its a saturday and a sunday

But not back to back; imagine the build up of dirty dishes!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TK2 King Pin)
    wouldn't that be just peachy

but no
    it isn't going to happen i'm afraid
    Oh hmm....hahahaha. Ow that was so hilarious it hurt. :|

I know it's not going to happen, so there's no need to be afraid (:

ReputationRep:
    Most people can carry on with a period. It wouldn't make economic sense for us all to have a few days off every time we're on our period. I find I sometimes have mild discomfort but its nothing that stops me from completely functioning. About once a year I get a really bad one but it passes fairly quickly and with some medication I can still keep going.
    Yours sounds awful, poor thing. Go to a doctor and get some treatment

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, there's no break from housework.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xmarilynx)
    The form of contraception I use (does the same thing as the pill, but it's just an injection every three months instead). It's not like a natural biological perk unfortunately! I can't think of any natural reasons for women not menstruating apart from anorexia/infertility.

Even when I did have periods I never wanted/needed 2 days off a month for them either.
    haha fair enough! I could not think of a biological explanation :P unless you were pregnant :ninja: wow

ok im curious not trying to be rude, is this to stop periods, or prevent you getting pregnant? Surely you can`t have that much sex to need an injection every three months. Again sorry quite personal and stuff feel free to neg me and hit me

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.