Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi ,
    I am interested in the Medical Physics and Clinical Engineering training scheme but not sure where to apply to. I have been for a few open days at Reading, Royal Free and Cambridge but didn't manage to go for the other open days up north and the south west regions (Bristol , Bath etc). Im wondering if anyone else has been to any other open days besides the ones I just mentioned and were you impressed with them or not? Are there any ones you would avoid ? I have narrowed my choices down substantially because some centres don't offer the subjects I want to do and/or the choice of subjects is not that great. However since Im in London I haven't managed to visit places like Leeds, Newcastle, Liverpool, Manchester , Sheffield etc because a) I didn't have the time and b) Its too expensive. Any suggestions/ tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Ben

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben Parker)
    Hi ,
    I am interested in the Medical Physics and Clinical Engineering training scheme but not sure where to apply to. I have been for a few open days at Reading, Royal Free and Cambridge but didn't manage to go for the other open days up north and the south west regions (Bristol , Bath etc). Im wondering if anyone else has been to any other open days besides the ones I just mentioned and were you impressed with them or not? Are there any ones you would avoid ? I have narrowed my choices down substantially because some centres don't offer the subjects I want to do and/or the choice of subjects is not that great. However since Im in London I haven't managed to visit places like Leeds, Newcastle, Liverpool, Manchester , Sheffield etc because a) I didn't have the time and b) Its too expensive. Any suggestions/ tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Ben
    I know you posted this a few months ago but I have only just come across it.
    Are you interested in becoming a Clinical Scientist (physicist) or Clinical Technologist?

There is an open day at Wolverhampton University on 5th May for the Clinical Technology training scheme in the Midlands.
    PM me or quote me if you want to know any more or have any questions!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.